long distance on in October?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

felicia

:unsure:

I'm planning a trip from Dearborn MI to Los Angeles in October. Does anyone know if Amtrak is still doing long distance travel in October?

I sure hope the trains are running past October since I have deluxe sleeper tickets leaving ATL on November 2 for NOL. From there I go to CHI on the City of New Orleans then to EMY on the California Zephyr. On to PDX on the Coast Starlight then back to CHI on the Empire Builder. From CHI I go to WAS via the Capitol Limited then back to ATL and home on the Crescent. With a trip like that already sold they have got to keep the trains running.

Even if Amtrak were to shut down, they'd do so at a time when they had enough money left to refund passengers for the tickets they'd paid for, among other things. There is a certain amount of cash below which the railroad cannot run, but does have enough to finish up its operations — it was at very near this point that Gunn said in July that a shutdown was imminent without new funding. So no worries about booking trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back