Live trip report. Chicago to Portland and back.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dining car service as been the same. They did not serve dessert with lunch either day. But we had dessert with dinner last night. The crew explained there was not enough dessert on board for lunch and dinner.
Yet another example of under stocking the diners.
default_unsure.png
Agreed that the diner was not stocked properly. But in the past what happened was that passengers ordered whatever they wanted until it runs out. Thus it was possible to get dessert or anything else at until it ran out. For some reason I feel more deprived when I know it’s there and I’m told I can’t have it.

The dining car service as been the same. They did not serve dessert with lunch either day. But we had dessert with dinner last night. The crew explained there was not enough dessert on board for lunch and dinner.
I seem to recall being on a train with you (possibly several years ago on the California Zephyr?) when there was only one chocolate dessert remaining and we both wanted it. Am I remembering correctly? Since you are way younger than I am, I will defer to your memory. Is it possible that on that train, they ran out of Diet Pepsi? I do recall having a serious caffeine craving and getting the last Diet Pepsi (much to Kevin's disappointment). That was my last Diet Pepsi - I no longer drink any soda.

I seem to recall being on a train with you (possibly several years ago on the California Zephyr?) when there was only one chocolate dessert remaining and we both wanted it. Am I remembering correctly? Since you are way younger than I am, I will defer to your memory. Is it possible that on that train, they ran out of Diet Pepsi? I do recall having a serious caffeine craving and getting the last Diet Pepsi (much to Kevin's disappointment). That was my last Diet Pepsi - I no longer drink any soda.
Penny,

What happened was that I ordered the last piece of chocolate cake with my sca. You saw it being delivered to my room. I had eaten dinner and only wanted the dessert. I would have gone to the diner but the sca said he would get it for me. I don’t drink Diet Coke so I’m innocent on that one.

Penny,

What happened was that I ordered the last piece of chocolate cake with my sca. You saw it being delivered to my room. I had eaten dinner and only wanted the dessert. I would have gone to the diner but the sca said he would get it for me. I don’t drink Diet Coke so I’m innocent on that one.
OK. I remembered it correctly that you got the cake and I got the Diet Pepsi. You won that one. Was it the CZ on the way to/from SLC?

Back