limit on points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siena1965

Train Attendant
does anyone know is there a limit to the amount of points that u can save up in ur Amtrak guest rewards account.

So far as I am aware, and so long as you complete at least one paid travel segment on Amtrak every couple years, the destination account itself can hold a nearly unlimited number of points. Perhaps you intended to ask about a specific earning method instead of the destination account?

So far as I am aware, and so long as you complete at least one paid travel segment on Amtrak every couple years, the destination account itself can hold a nearly unlimited number of points. Perhaps you intended to ask about a specific earning method instead of the destination account?
And if you have the BofA AGR credit card, you don't even need to take a trip to keep the points active.

Accounts now remain active with any points activity, not just Amtrak travel, and not just transactions that add points. One retail purchase credit, points from the credit card, a hotel credit, an outbound transfer, an Amtrak redemption - anything that changes your point total up or down will reset the 36 month clock. There is no limit to the number of points in an account.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks I have the boa credit card and use it every month I am saving all my points for when I retire in 8 yrs

Just be aware that Amtrak can effectively devalue your saved points at some point over the next eight years by changing the program provisions. If you're willing to take that risk, fine.

Just be aware that Amtrak can effectively devalue your saved points at some point over the next eight years by changing the program provisions. If you're willing to take that risk, fine.
I agree. I'd use the points and put aside the cash (which will depreciate in value too) into some safe investments. If the cash devaluates on Amtrak (i.e. prices go up), then so will points. If the points needed go up (Amtrak values them at 2.5 cents), that doesn't mean the cash is devalued.

Back