Leaving AU

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all need a break from the drama sometimes. I’ve removed AU from my bookmarks a few times; after a week or twelve, I come back refreshed.

Like DA said, sleep on it for a bit.
default_smile.png
You can always come back.

Last edited by a moderator:
No need to quit. Just chill a bit if you want and post from time to time. No need to post all the time.

Just caught up with this, and many people have beaten me to it, but please, please reconsider. Your posts are a breath of fresh air, you are wise beyond your years, and you have a gift of cutting through straight to the heart of many issues.

This is also a good place to learn, and sometimes the teachers on here can sound harsh. But I don't believe they mean to--we all just want to encourage each other to think things through and present the best arguments on a topic.

Besides, you are the first person in years who has gotten me to start thinking about learning how to really cook!
default_smile.png

Take a break, of course--but come back?
default_smile.png
You might have talked me into it. I've gotta think more about it all, but thank you.
I'm very glad!
default_smile.png
Hope to see you back here when you're ready!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you decide to stay. Everyone needs a break or has to take a break, but then comes back with a renewed point of view. Each trip I make gives me more experiences, good and bad to share and get other AU members input. There are the non-members first time riders who always need our input, and you being young bring a different angle to the discussion. Hope to see you posting in the future.

We’ve identified who doesn’t look at time stamps on posts.

(Hint: he’s been back for significantly longer than he was gone for)
Yep, I was "gone" for about 20 hours. I've been "back" for about a week. That said, thank you Lonestar for that. Without all the kind responses I definitely would have left.

Back