LAX Restaurant

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are talking about the brewery, the answer is no.  I ate there when I was in LA in December (after arriving on the Southwest Chief).  I think it opened at 11am, but it could have been 11:30.  

Edit:  here is the website for Imperial Western Beer Company.  http://imperialwestern.com/

According to the website, it opens at noon on Saturday and Sunday and 4pm on other days. Those hours may have changed since I was there on a weekday.  I know I ate (and drank) lunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
The office building in the west courtyard of LAUS has a decent breakfast spread super cheap in the $5 dollar range. It’s like a 2 min walk from the Amtrak ticket office. You’ll see it through the windows on first floor. It’s a huge cafeteria. Walk around the front and tell the lobby guard you want to go to the restaurant. Bags are welcome. Good if you have an hour to kill. 

Its basically in back of the new restaurant. 

The office building in the west courtyard of LAUS has a decent breakfast spread super cheap in the $5 dollar range. It’s like a 2 min walk from the Amtrak ticket office. You’ll see it through the windows on first floor. It’s a huge cafeteria. Walk around the front and tell the lobby guard you want to go to the restaurant. Bags are welcome. Good if you have an hour to kill. 

Its basically in back of the new restaurant. 
That restaurant (cafeteria) in the Metropolitan Water District building is currently closed while seismic repairs are being made to the building. It did serve a decent breakfast though. If you ordered an omelet, the eggs were cracked while you watched....not ladled out of a pot! 

Head 3 blocks down the street to Philippe's! They open at 6am. Best breakfast in the area!

www.Philippes.com

This has been discussed here before but I cant find it.
There is a cafeteria next to LAUS that is being updated/upgraded. Does anyone know the name of it & it's status?

MODERATOR NOTE: This new comment was merged into the existing thread on a similar topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back