Late CONO (2/7)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisRice

Train Attendant
Anyone know what is going on with The City of New Orleans? She is 6 hours late and not to Jackson MS yet. She typically has a good on time record.

I am thnking probably related to cold and snow, but given where you are you probably know more about the snow, if any, than I would in California, although I do check up on north Mississippi weather fairly frequently.

It's about 23 here, cold but not out of line, sky's cloudy. 46 in Jackson MS. I will have to check the train status in the morning. To catch the CONO in Newbern during daylight hours is rare, but during daylight and snow would be really special. The CONO is scheduled to come thru Newbern at 12:22 am northbound and about 3:56 am southbound.

The CONO has been running as poorly as the rest of the LD trains for the last month.

I had 2 trips on her last week and they were both late, 4.5 hrs into NOL and 2 hrs into CHI.

Weather was then and is now, imo, definitely not an issue.

Today's train due into CHI at 9am was over 9 hrs late. WTH?

Personally, I think Amtrak has some serious problems on all of their LD routes as evidenced by all of the RED on the status maps every day.

I beginning to second guess my love of taking the train because those nasty snack packs and the disgusting beef stew and rice are NOT acceptable and more *train time* under those circumstances is far from enjoyable. ymmv

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back