Lake Shore Limited - 48 or 448?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dsg

Looking to book travel on the Lake Shore Limited from Chicago to Rochester. Sine both the 48 and the 448 will be one train during this journey, do I want the 48 or the 448?? Both are the same price for coach. Do you have access to the same cars (dining etc.)? Thanks.

Makes no difference. It's the same train, and since you'll only be traveling to Rochester, there's no guarantee you'll be in any specific car of the train anyway.

Makes no difference. It's the same train, and since you'll only be traveling to Rochester, there's no guarantee you'll be in any specific car of the train anyway.
Exactly. The difference in number only affects those going beyond Albany. You will have access to the diner and lounge.

Welcome to Rochester!

As was said, it's the Same Train, just two Sections with #448 being the Boston Section on the Front of the Train, and #48 the NYP Section being on the Rear with the Diner and Cafe Car! Since you are going to a Stop in New York you Probably will be Assigned to a Coach on the NYP Section which is Closer to the Diner and Cafe! Ask when you Board if you can be Assigned a Window Seat on the NYP Section, much more Comfortable and a Shorter Walk to Eat!! ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay. Didn't think so, but thought I'd ask. Thanks for the replies.

I suggest you sit on the right side of the train. The scenery is better in my opinion.

Also, look for Big Kevin in the diner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back