kentucky Cardinal

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cincytrains

On Saturday my wife and i where in Louisville visitng family. Later that evening after I needed a break from the in-laws I decided to talk a drive to Louisville Union Station to see the K-Card since it left a 9:20. First, that is a great station and you can see the L and N lit up for miles. I pull up to the station and the train is there. A cabbage and Dash something and 1 horizon coach. I sat in the car saying where is the rest of the train. I walked up to the conductor and engineer who where just sitting on a bench and started talking with them. they could not have been nicer. They told me that was the whole train and they would pick up mail cars in Indy. By the way NOBODY got on the train when it left. Empty train leaving Louisville, I could not believe it. They said it would be crowded between Indy and CHI. Such a shame!!

The Horizon coach surprised me -- I figured it would at least rate an Amfleet II being an overnight train. Could be they only use Amfleets on the days the parent Cardinal train is running. But then at least on this occurance there was nobody to complain about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back