Is Amtrak getting stricter with the carry on policy?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://media.amtrak.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/UPDATED-Baggage-fact-sheet-7_5_16.pdf

This is how they show it. If your 2 smallest items fit the size and weight, they would be wrong. The proper way for them to check is with a sizer and/or scale.

I think the $10 for the bike is right per this:

Requirements

Bicycles/bicycle trailers may be checked in a bicycle container for $10, in lieu of a piece of baggage. Bicycle boxes are sold at most staffed locations for $15 per box. Customers may supply their own bicycle container. Recumbent, tandem and special bicycles over the standard bicycle dimensions and will not fit in a standard bicycle box are prohibited.

Folding bicycles under the dimensions of 34" x 15" x 48" will be allowed onboard all trains in lieu of a piece of carry-on baggage. They must be considered a true folding bicycle. correct.

So the bike could have been carried on, but that would put you over the 2 carry on bag limit. The other option would have been to check one or 2 of the bags, which is getting harder to do as baggage service is available in less stations every year.

"I could never travel anywhere for two weeks with a suitcase and a backpack. What if I need a more casual look? And an evening look? "

You can do it if you want to. Take casual clothes. For the "evening look" you are craving, make some of them black.

My wife and I have travelled all over the world, including some very "high class" places, for over two weeks at a time, including dining at some of the finest restaurants. In over 20 years we have never taken more than one Airplane Overhead bag and one purse/briefcase each. It is easily done. Access to Rental and Cleaning is available everywhere !!!

Just my opinion, but 4 large bags for one person is quite unusual. I'd have no problem with Amtrak charging $10 a bag or so for everything over 2 checked bags. If nothing else, it might entice passengers to pack more thoughtfully.

Do these carry on policies matter if you're in a sleeping car? I mean, should you not be allowed to carry on whatever you can carry without assistance and can fit into the room, or would they still restrict you, "just to be fair to everyone ..."
default_dry.png
Amtrak's baggage policies apply to all "classes" of travel. Whether you're in a sleeper or in coach, it's fair for Amtrak to wants its passengers to have sane amounts of baggage.
I fear you are correct. I will have to disagree with this policy, then. Not that I really want to bring a bunch of stuff with me, but there are just some things I want to keep under my control. And I want enough clothes to last the journey (3 day max like EB or CZ). The rest I can put in checked baggage. And I can respect checked baggage policies applying to everyone, but I think maybe those who pay for a sleeping accommodation ought to be a bit more "accommodated...:"
Firstly, I can easily pack for a two week trip with one reasonably sized suitcase and one backpack. So a long trip really does not necessitate much baggage.

Secondly, let's say that Amtrak didn't have any baggage restrictions. What would you do if you have on or two people in a Viewliner roomette, who bring maybe five huge bags onboard. Where do you put them? You can't fit all those bags in the room. There isn't a luggage area in the car. If something like that happens, you're screwed. So just because you pay a bunch of money for sleeper accommodations does not mean that you don't need at least some restrictions in place. And I would also note that it is a pretty loose system as is. The unwritten Amtrak baggage rule is basically that if you can carry it all onboard without assistance, you can bring it. I just think that if you have a sane amount of stuff, you'll basically always be fine.
Agreed. Last year I packed everything I needed for a trip Culpeper>Albany via NYP; Albany>Toronto, 1 night in Toronto; Toronto>Vancouver, 2 nights in Vancouver; Vancouver>Seattle, 2 nights in Seattle; Seattle to Glacier National Park (Walton Inn, Essex MT), 3 nights in Essex; Essex>Chicago; Chicago>Culpeper. 18 days total give or take...in a backpack. The 65L kind you'd take on a long backpacking "vacation" on the Appalachian Trail. It weighed about 30-32 lbs. Easier to carry on my shoulders than dragging a suitcase. Yes, I did laundry in Vancouver and Essex. You don't really need multiple pieces of luggage if you can be merciless in what you choose to bring along.

When I boarded #8 in Seattle, the SCA did question the big pack. I simply answered, "I am carrying it; it will fit fine in my roomette. In fact I don't want anyone else to carry it." Conversation over.

From my own observations, or, more accurately, fading memory of something that didn't concern me so I didn't pay any great amount of attention, I think most passengers attempt to carry on everything they have.

Just last week, on NEC train #141, a fellow BC passenger brought on a super-monster rolling suitcase that all 250 pounds of me could comfortably curl up inside of. I've never seen one that big! Fortunately, the wheelchair spot (no seats) held that and several other passengers large luggage items. I've seen several 'really big' (not quite monster) size rolling suitcases literally 'stuffed' into the overhead by men that must have been Superman in civvies.

A couple months ago, I think it was on the Crescent, two BIG men (bigger than me) boarded in the evening and were the roomette across the hall. Each had big rolling suitcases plus a 'monster' between them and a small rolling case, that fit in the cubby hole over the hallway. The SCA told them he had no place to store it (although I have encountered big cases in the shower in the AM.) Before they closed the door and curtain for the night, the 'monster' was on the toilet, a 'big' one on the shelf alongside the lower bunk, and where the other biggy ended up? I'm guessing the 10" x 24" piece of floor between the bed, door, toilet, and shelf/trash/t-paper holder. I would have loved to see how they managed to get dressed and get out of the sardine can, but they were gone when I got up a little after 6AM and headed for the shower.

Other than business travelers on the NEC, 'pleasure' travelers typically board with 2 reasonably sized rolling bags and perhaps an over the shoulder bag, and usually try to stuff it all in the overhead. Sometimes, when they have a bigger bag, it takes them a while to figure out it has to go in the open area at the end of the car or the intended for baggage stoage on the end opposite the toilets.

The times I've ridden 448 & 449 between SPG and ALB in coach (my usual method), it looks like the passengers bring everything they own on board and stuff it in the overhead or anywhere else that's open. Walking through the combined train to the lounge car or diner (in days past, when in the Boston sleeper at the front), the overhead is quite full, mostly with larger suitcases and sometimes even heavy duty 40 gallon trash bags used as suitcases.

Fortunately, the Superliners have the generous luggage rack downstairs, but I've seen even that 'overflowing' in my sleeper and 5 or more big suitcases in the vestibule. Toilets and even a vacant handicap room are sometimes used for luggage storage as well.

Perhaps part of the problem is there's no checked baggage at many stations, as only the largest 30 or so stations (an unsubstantiated guestimate) still have someone to toss the bags around. Compare that to airlines, were every airport has baggage handers...even podunk places like Lake of the Ozarks MO where the pilot/ticket agent/baggage handler does it all! (40 years ago, I don't know about today).

So, by 'saving' money eliminating station staff, Amtrak passengers are forced to lug their stuff up the steps from the platform (the conductor usually helps), drag it down the aisle a ways, and hopefully find a place to put their stuff. I hope future car plans include increased baggage storage areas for 'self serve' baggage handling.

Do these carry on policies matter if you're in a sleeping car? I mean, should you not be allowed to carry on whatever you can carry without assistance and can fit into the room, or would they still restrict you, "just to be fair to everyone ..."
default_dry.png
Amtrak's baggage policies apply to all "classes" of travel. Whether you're in a sleeper or in coach, it's fair for Amtrak to wants its passengers to have sane amounts of baggage.
I fear you are correct. I will have to disagree with this policy, then. Not that I really want to bring a bunch of stuff with me, but there are just some things I want to keep under my control. And I want enough clothes to last the journey (3 day max like EB or CZ). The rest I can put in checked baggage. And I can respect checked baggage policies applying to everyone, but I think maybe those who pay for a sleeping accommodation ought to be a bit more "accommodated...:"
Firstly, I can easily pack for a two week trip with one reasonably sized suitcase and one backpack. So a long trip really does not necessitate much baggage.

Secondly, let's say that Amtrak didn't have any baggage restrictions. What would you do if you have on or two people in a Viewliner roomette, who bring maybe five huge bags onboard. Where do you put them? You can't fit all those bags in the room. There isn't a luggage area in the car. If something like that happens, you're screwed. So just because you pay a bunch of money for sleeper accommodations does not mean that you don't need at least some restrictions in place. And I would also note that it is a pretty loose system as is. The unwritten Amtrak baggage rule is basically that if you can carry it all onboard without assistance, you can bring it. I just think that if you have a sane amount of stuff, you'll basically always be fine.
And I agree, pretty much, with what you've said. I'm not at all opposed to baggage restrictions. I understand and agree that people sharing a common space should have those limitations. It's only fair. That's why I have no problems at all with limitations on checked baggage and on carry ons in coach cars. Just as I agree with and live by such restrictions on an aircraft. But when one is paying for a sleeping accommodation that offers a little extra space, they should be allowed to utilize that space.... and that space only. If it can't fit only in that extra space and/or can't be brought aboard without assistance, it should not be allowed.

The thinking behind that is not unreasonable, except that in the real world what often happens is people bring on too much stuff, it gets in the way, and then they need help with their problem. It is not uncommon for SCA to stash luggage in the shower. I don't have any problem with reasonable bag limits, what is somewhat unfair is that 2 passengers can get on at the same stop, and one gets 2 less bags because their destination has no checked baggage.

I have traveled with "too many bags", but this was never an issue to me.

Having a lot of bags (more than 2 bags but less than 6): No big deal/check one or two bags when necessary

Bags too big: Never happened

Overweight: Repack and rearrange

Too much bags (more than 6): Pay 20 bucks each to check the extra bags

Well, before I make any decisions, I'd like to see a picture of what you tried to take aboard the train. Probably give us a better idea of everyones thought process. I mean in this day and age, even a simple flip phone has a camera. Hard to tell if the Amtrak employees were out of line or not without actually seeing the stuff you tried to schlep on the train.

They're not supposed to be charging you an extra $10 for a folding bicycle. A folding bicycle, whether it's packed in a box/container or not, is supposed to be treated as one of your allowed pieces of luggage. In my experience, unboxed folders are carried on, but the folder rules don't distinguish between carry on and checked.
That's my understanding. A standard bicycle fit in a box is going to be oversized, and the $10 is more or less a reduced oversize fee.

There are some really odd items too - like surfboards and skis, where apparently there's only a length limit as carry-on, but they're considered regular luggage (subject to H+L+W oversize fees) as check-in. The Amtrak blog claims it's 76", but the baggage info says 72". Is there a way to fit skis in a roomette?

http://blog.amtrak.com/2014/01/how-to-pack-skis-on-amtrak/

They're not supposed to be charging you an extra $10 for a folding bicycle. A folding bicycle, whether it's packed in a box/container or not, is supposed to be treated as one of your allowed pieces of luggage. In my experience, unboxed folders are carried on, but the folder rules don't distinguish between carry on and checked.
That's my understanding. A standard bicycle fit in a box is going to be oversized, and the $10 is more or less a reduced oversize fee.

There are some really odd items too - like surfboards and skis, where apparently there's only a length limit as carry-on, but they're considered regular luggage (subject to H+L+W oversize fees) as check-in. The Amtrak blog claims it's 76", but the baggage info says 72". Is there a way to fit skis in a roomette?

http://blog.amtrak.com/2014/01/how-to-pack-skis-on-amtrak/
I know this misses the point but you can probably fit skis or a surfboard in a Roomette if you put it upright against the “boxy thing” that houses the trash can and toilets paper rolls.
default_biggrin.png

From my own observations, or, more accurately, fading memory of something that didn't concern me so I didn't pay any great amount of attention, I think most passengers attempt to carry on everything they have.

Just last week, on NEC train #141, a fellow BC passenger brought on a super-monster rolling suitcase that all 250 pounds of me could comfortably curl up inside of. I've never seen one that big! Fortunately, the wheelchair spot (no seats) held that and several other passengers large luggage items. I've seen several 'really big' (not quite monster) size rolling suitcases literally 'stuffed' into the overhead by men that must have been Superman in civvies.

A couple months ago, I think it was on the Crescent, two BIG men (bigger than me) boarded in the evening and were the roomette across the hall. Each had big rolling suitcases plus a 'monster' between them and a small rolling case, that fit in the cubby hole over the hallway. The SCA told them he had no place to store it (although I have encountered big cases in the shower in the AM.) Before they closed the door and curtain for the night, the 'monster' was on the toilet, a 'big' one on the shelf alongside the lower bunk, and where the other biggy ended up? I'm guessing the 10" x 24" piece of floor between the bed, door, toilet, and shelf/trash/t-paper holder. I would have loved to see how they managed to get dressed and get out of the sardine can, but they were gone when I got up a little after 6AM and headed for the shower.

Other than business travelers on the NEC, 'pleasure' travelers typically board with 2 reasonably sized rolling bags and perhaps an over the shoulder bag, and usually try to stuff it all in the overhead. Sometimes, when they have a bigger bag, it takes them a while to figure out it has to go in the open area at the end of the car or the intended for baggage stoage on the end opposite the toilets.
One of the few times I have ever ridden an Acela, there was a woman who boarded in WAS after me, with four of the largest travel trunks I have ever seen. She also was quite verbal upset to find someone else had already put their luggage in the car's luggage area (me!). The attendant (or conductor?) found somewhere else to put them, so I guess that implies approval to have them in the first place.

The thinking behind that is not unreasonable, except that in the real world what often happens is people bring on too much stuff, it gets in the way, and then they need help with their problem. It is not uncommon for SCA to stash luggage in the shower. I don't have any problem with reasonable bag limits, what is somewhat unfair is that 2 passengers can get on at the same stop, and one gets 2 less bags because their destination has no checked baggage.
In that case, as with aircraft, perhaps things should be "gate checked." Put it in checked baggage, I never brought "everything including the kitchen sink" with me... i never do. I wouldn't want to lug it around, That, and the more I bring on, the more it becomes "at risk." I only brought what I believed needed to stay "under my control" (read: the electronics, the dive gear, laptop and enough content for the trip, etc. etc.). And I secure them as best I can (locking bike cables draped around fixed loops, etc.). It won't stop a dedicated thief, but...

It wasn't that bad on the Auto train, as it was only one overnight. But on a 3 day like the CZ or EB, I'll need some addl clothing and extra DVD/Blu-Ray content, plus portable snacks, etc.. I accept that I will be laying over at each destination maybe a day or two, and can switch clothing to/from checked baggage and/or utilize the hotel laundry. Perhaps it will be a little better than my auto train days as I won't need to bring the dive gear (that took a lot of space)... and I refer only to the regulator sets, the computers and electronics... not stuff like the tanks, etc. of course that stayed in my car.

I guess I'll just have to think and plan carefully... and carry on only what I need for that particular segment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have traveled with "too many bags", but this was never an issue to me.

Having a lot of bags (more than 2 bags but less than 6): No big deal/check one or two bags when necessary

Bags too big: Never happened

Overweight: Repack and rearrange

Too much bags (more than 6): Pay 20 bucks each to check the extra bags

The only time I had "too much" baggage was when flying internationally on a two week multi-destination vacation. A solitary traveler arriving in a foreign country with that much baggage is a red flag to the Customs Bureau of that country. I always had at least one bag opened and hand inspected by the Japanese Zei Kan officer as a result. But they let me go with just the one opened. That, and Australia has a different size standard in re: the "one carry on" that has to fit "under the seat or in the overhead bin." It's 20" standard and not 22" as with the USA. Watch out for that. It is/was strictly enforced, much to my frustration.

Other than that, no issues, no worries.

In that case, as with aircraft, perhaps things should be "gate checked." Put it in checked baggage,
This would be an excellent solution--except that Amtrak has been eliminating checked baggage at many stations. (Is it MOST stations already?)

I'm not happy with what Amtrak has been doing with food on long-distance trains, but I'm more worried about its unreliable and increasingly unaccommodating baggage policies driving away passengers.

There are MANY circumstances when travelers need to bring a bunch of stuff: sports equipment to be used on vacation, Christmas presents for folks you're traveling to visit, business or party attire....

If Amtrak doesn't allow us to check (or retrieve) baggage at more and more stations AND doesn't reliably allow us to carry it on board, it's ruling out train travel for an awful lot of trips potential customers need to take.

In that case, as with aircraft, perhaps things should be "gate checked." Put it in checked baggage,
This would be an excellent solution--except that Amtrak has been eliminating checked baggage at many stations. (Is it MOST stations already?)

I'm not happy with what Amtrak has been doing with food on long-distance trains, but I'm more worried about its unreliable and increasingly unaccommodating baggage policies driving away passengers.

There are MANY circumstances when travelers need to bring a bunch of stuff: sports equipment to be used on vacation, Christmas presents for folks you're traveling to visit, business or party attire....

If Amtrak doesn't allow us to check (or retrieve) baggage at more and more stations AND doesn't reliably allow us to carry it on board, it's ruling out train travel for an awful lot of trips potential customers need to take.
Then maybe that's something that the "market" has to decide. If enough people demand checked baggage, or ridership declines as a consequence of it being curtailed... Then again, I wonder if this is "by design" of Amtrak to eliminate service at several "underperforming" stations and cut costs.

TBH, I don't know what it's like for people who travel between intermediate stops... I've always traveled from one end terminus to another (where there's always been checked baggage). Even in the early 1980's, Chicago Union Sta.had an airport style "carousel" for baggage claim. But I do see the problem for those pax. that have no baggage service at all. Again, the market will have to decide.

The problem is mostly a VL sleeper issue, since the luggage space downstairs generally gets the job done on a SL. On single level trains if people keep to manageable bags, the rack space and ends of coaches is usually adequate, although encroachment on wheelchair space by people is excessive. The over hall space in a VL sleeper is not that great, and tough to place things in. 2 full size + 2 personal is up to 150 lbs. Sporting eqpt incl golf, skis, and surfboards can be carried on or checked (if available) but they count as a piece of luggage, and their are charges for over sized items listed. Anyone who has a problem with the Amtrak baggage guidelines is likely to have a bigger problem with any other means of travel except a personal auto. I have been faced with trips that by virtue of length, or multi climate travel caused me to have too much stuff, I sent a box FedEx ground to the furthest point, and back home with the first 2 weeks of clothes not required (warm weather) for the following week (brrr). Not any more expensive than paying for an extra bag, and easier than dragging it to/from the train and hotels.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think for most travelers, it's a catch-22 on whether to take a couple of smaller suitcases or try to put all they can into a too-big rolling suitcase. And as mentioned by other respondents, Viewliner roomettes present the biggest luggage problems for those in sleepers. Coach passengers usually 'figure something out' and use the vacant space where wheelchairs would go. Come to think of it, I've only seen passengers in coach with a wheel chair once or twice in my 43 years of Amtrak riding.

One of the most commonly overlooked baggage storage areas in any roomette is under the seats. I intentionally limit my baggage to one 4-wheel bag that meets airline carry-on size as it fits underneath the seat once the bulky stuff (like shirts/pants on hangers, shave kit, etc) have been removed. It also doubles as a 'base' for my between-the-seats inflatable pillows when I put the two seats into chaise-lounge position - one side flat, the other max recline and then unroll the 'mattress' on top of it. I also have a slightly large 'gym bag' from Walmart for the rest of my stuff that I strap to the top of the rolling case when between trains. As all my travels are for leisure, there's no need for suits, dress shirts, etc. For longer trips (8-12 days), I've used a hotel laundromat about 1/2 way through.

But 'back then', I had a giant garment bag that I routinely packed 3 suits (and one the one I was wearing) and 5 dress shirts and everything else except business materials (in my briefcase). The garment bag was so big it had a snap-down, flap-style handle on one end and wheels on the diagonally opposite corner! I used that regularly until '94 and never had it refused as an airline carry on except it had to be ramp-checked (the flight attendant took/returned it) twice when flying 20-seat puddle jumpers. I frequently flew out and took Amtrak back. The big roomettes in a 10/6 had a LOT of storage space including a small closet, a big rack above your head when seated, 'taller' under seat storage, and, of course, the mostly wide open floor, even with the bed down. Viewliners hadn't come into existence yet, and Superliners worked well placing hanging items in the closet and throwing the bag on top of the upper bunk and partly closing it.

In that case, as with aircraft, perhaps things should be "gate checked." Put it in checked baggage
You do know that when they gate check a bag, there’s have maybe half an hour to get it into the plane’s cargo hold before it leaves. On Amtrak they have maybe two minutes, max. And I don’t think Amtrak would want to do it while the train is moving, because that would require the conductor or whoever does this to lug a bunch of bags through the train and into the baggage car. So “gate checking” large bags strikes me as a bit of a no go.

Then maybe that's something that the "market" has to decide. If enough people demand checked baggage, or ridership declines as a consequence of it being curtailed... Then again, I wonder if this is "by design" of Amtrak to eliminate service at several "underperforming" stations and cut costs.

TBH, I don't know what it's like for people who travel between intermediate stops... I've always traveled from one end terminus to another (where there's always been checked baggage). Even in the early 1980's, Chicago Union Sta.had an airport style "carousel" for baggage claim. But I do see the problem for those pax. that have no baggage service at all. Again, the market will have to decide.
The issue with “letting the market decide” when it comes to Amtrak is that any drop in ridership can be attributed to a million different things. And in fact it can be used as justification to cut more services, amenities, and even routes. So if they get rid of checked bag service at 100 stations, and ridership drops 50%, Anderson can just say that nobody is riding these trains and therefore they might as well get rid of more stuff. Of course if ridership remains high, they can also just say that people are loving the changes, so it is a bit of a lose-lose scenario. This is why I feel like the best way to oppose these cuts is to let the people in charge know that you do. If you explicitly say that you oppose a change, they can’t really interpret that any other way. JMO.

In that case, as with aircraft, perhaps things should be "gate checked." Put it in checked baggage
You do know that when they gate check a bag, there’s have maybe half an hour to get it into the plane’s cargo hold before it leaves. On Amtrak they have maybe two minutes, max. And I don’t think Amtrak would want to do it while the train is moving, because that would require the conductor or whoever does this to lug a bunch of bags through the train and into the baggage car. So “gate checking” large bags strikes me as a bit of a no go.
On a plane I've seen last minute gate checks. It can go right down the jetway stairs down to the tarmac and into the cargo hold in a few minutes.

The issue with “letting the market decide” when it comes to Amtrak is that any drop in ridership can be attributed to a million different things. And in fact it can be used as justification to cut more services, amenities, and even routes. So if they get rid of checked bag service at 100 stations, and ridership drops 50%, Anderson can just say that nobody is riding these trains and therefore they might as well get rid of more stuff. Of course if ridership remains high, they can also just say that people are loving the changes, so it is a bit of a lose-lose scenario. This is why I feel like the best way to oppose these cuts is to let the people in charge know that you do. If you explicitly say that you oppose a change, they can’t really interpret that any other way. JMO.
Then I really don't know how to solve the problem... in either case. It seems like the current sr. management at Amtrak are doing all they can to shut passenger rail down, permanently. Because I think that's what's going to happen if they keep doing what they're doing. It would be a shame. I wonder then if there are any private investors that could take it over again... But with very little if any profit to be made, I seriously doubt that. It would have to be a huge billionaire type that just loves trans and pax. train travel. Don't know if one of those exists or not...

On a plane I've seen last minute gate checks. It can go right down the jetway stairs down to the tarmac and into the cargo hold in a few minutes.
Still CPO has a point about trains.... In most stations that don't have baggage service, the wait is very short and they probably couldn't get to the baggage car quickly enough. Imagine if an aircraft had to make multiple stops and could only wait long enough to load/unload 2-3 pax. at each stop. I don't think "gate checking" would be happening there, in that case. And if the train is running late, the station time is even shorter.

I honestly don't know what to do. Maybe they're trying to get people to gravitate towards those more popular stations that have baggage service and forsake the smaller "less populated" ones. Not sure how well that would work on routes like the EB where there's a lot of "outback" type stations, but...

I’d be interested to know who the Red Cap was. Considering PHL is my home station and I see quite a few of them routinely.
I would, too. I know several of the redcaps at PHL, and they couldn't be nicer or more helpful, and I've never had any of them quoting a bunch of rules to me. However, all the ones I've dealt with are men, so I wouldn't have run into this particular redcap.

I, ummm, don't travel light, had four bags on a little cart with me, none full size (the largest was 26 x 16 x 14, plus two smaller duffel bags and a computer case.)
For a trip of a week or less, I travel with one small rolling suitcase and a tote bag--the tote bag is for bringing presents to people and presents from where I've been back for other people, so is not really "luggage." For a longer trip, I have a medium-size suitcase and the tote bag.

You can do laundry on the road and take travel-size toiletries and replace them as you go along. If you look up "Rick Steves Packing Tips," you will find some good suggestions, although I think even he travels with too much stuff.

For a good perspective on "stuff" in general and why we don't need most of it and how to deal with it, I highly recommend Marie Kondo's book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. You will never want a bunch of clutter in your life again, whether traveling or at home.
default_smile.png

Riding, primarily, coach on overnight trips, it becomes necessary to carry an extra bag simply for a small pillow and blanket along with some food/snacks (all the more important now without dining car availability.) If anything, I think coach passengers ought to be officially offered a little extra allowance for these things, as a sort of overnight bag, especially considering that most of it comes out and is put on the seat or consumed enroute.

Back