How are dining car reservations made?

Discussion in 'Amtrak Rail Discussion' started by iliketrains, Jun 22, 2019.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

1. Jun 25, 2019 #51

TiBike

TiBike

TiBike

OBS Chief

The Emeryville station isn't in the middle of nowhere. Plenty of food and beverage options within a five minute walk, either via the pedestrian bridge over the tracks, or walking a couple of blocks. More options than Berkeley, particularly since Spengers closed. It's a bit better than San Jose. Light years ahead of Richmond or Oakland Coliseum. It's not up to Jack London Square's level, but few places in the East Bay are. It's comparable to Martinez, although that station has the advantage of being within walking distance of the birthplace of the Martinez cocktail, better known as the Martini:

https://readtheplaque.com/plaque/birthplace-of-the-martini

2. Jun 26, 2019 #52

iliketrains

iliketrains

iliketrains

Service Attendant

Oh wow!!! I didn't know the Martini was born in Martinez and thus aptly named. Shut the front door!!

3. Jun 26, 2019 #53

TiBike

TiBike

TiBike

OBS Chief

Credo Quia Absurdum!

4. Jun 26, 2019 #54

LookingGlassTie

LookingGlassTie

LookingGlassTie

Lead Service Attendant

Until I read this thread, I actually didn't know that on trains with a full service diner, that coach pax could feasibly request "at-seat" service. I just assumed one had to either eat in the diner or eat in his/her room (if that was the accommodation).

5. Jun 26, 2019 #55

CAMISSY55

C

CAMISSY55

Service Attendant

“Credo Quia Absurdum!”

TiBike, thanks for increasing my vocabulary and adding to my “generally useless knowledge” database. (I tried not to, but I just had to look it up!) I’m always on the lookout for more tidbits of information that almost no one that I know will give two hoots about, but that I find tremendously interesting!

TiBike and RSG like this.