House Appropriators: It's National Or Nothing

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Senate did vote 94-6 or something like that to fund the network last year.

What I’m worried about is since the GOP doesn’t have complete control like they did before the midterms they might go against the Houses proposal just for spite. McConnell’s been known to do that. (Think Obama one term, deny everything Democrat even if you used to agree with it).

On the positive side it’s up to the appropriators not necessary McConnell, and passenger rails biggest advocate this minute is Republican Senator Moran from Kansas. No love loss between him and Anderson. Cautiously optimistic Amtrak makes it to see a new Administration in 2020.

Last edited:
If there was ever a conflict of interest in our Federal Government, having the wife of the Senate Majority Leader being the Secretary of Transportation surely has to be one.

Sadly, that's the story of the entire administration currently.

But with that being said, I am glad to see our nations leadership come together for OUR National network. In this time of great political divide it shows our Nation hope that our leaders CAN work together! I'll take what I can get. :)

Back