Hotel near Emeryville Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sjgiss

Train Attendant
Will be taking a trip in September on the Zephyr and want to know if there are any hotels near the station any help would be appriciated

Yes there is a hotel across the tracks which I believe is a Hyatt. Many members of another Amtrak forum have stayed there and enjoyed their experience.

Yes there is a hotel across the tracks which I believe is a Hyatt. Many members of another Amtrak forum have stayed there and enjoyed their experience.
There is a nice Hyatt right accross the tracks from EMY. I have stayed there several times and actually prefer that when I visit the Bay Area.. If I remember correctly when it opened it was known as the Wyntree. It was quite comfortable and decent rates.

Currently it is a Hyatt House. Room rates include a basic breakfast downstairs in the morning. I live in the area but have stayed there before if I have had guests in town. It is not a bad property and most of the rooms are suite style with a separate bedroom and kitchen area (if you do your own cooking or have leftovers to refridgerate). Some rooms have a nice view of the bay while others have a great view of the train tracks (depending on your interests).

Largest complaint I've heard is train noise but it personally doesn't sound that loud to me and if you are coming in on the train I assume train noise would hopefully not be a problem!

There is a Hilton Garden Inn a few blocks away as well as a Courtyard Marriott. Not sure if you are a member of a hotel loyalty program or not but those are other options if you are. The Courtyard Marriott also has a Hertz Rent-A-Car there that can pick you up and drop you off at the station during their business hours if you need a car for any reason. Hyatt House has free parking. The Courtyard Marriott charges. Not sure if the Hilton charges as well.

There is a nice Hyatt right accross the tracks from EMY. I have stayed there several times and actually prefer that when I visit the Bay Area.. If I remember correctly when it opened it was known as the Wyntree. It was quite comfortable and decent rates.
It opened as the Woodfin and changed to Hyatt in late 2011.

The Courtyard by Mariott in Emeryville is very nice and about a block away from the station, althought the rooms are a little small. As others have said, you really can't go wrong with the Hyatt, but the rates are likely to be a bit higher.

It opened as the Woodfin and changed to Hyatt in late 2011.
THATS RIGHT, the Woodfin! I knew it styarted with a "W" Thanks for the correction!

There is also a Four Points by Sheraton about two blocks west of the Hyatt. You can walk to both by taking the Pedestrian Bridge over the RR tracks (hopefully, the elevators are working). The Hyatt is directly next to the parking lot on the west side of the tracks. The Four Point is two blocks farther west at the corner of Powell St and Christie Ave.

I stayed at the Hyatt House last July. I would recommend it. Nice property, very easy walking distance to the station and to shops and restaurants in the area. There's also a Trader Joes nearby if you are catering for yourself.

I had a room facing the tracks and don't recall be bothered by any train noise - though I thought it was awesome being able to see the trains arriving and departing.

You can take the Emery Go Round to Macarthur BART or the F bus from Powell and Shellmound over the Bay Bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back