Guaranteed Connection

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read about guaranteed connx. and I think I know what they are, but to be on the safe side could someone explain it to me?How do you know which stations have guaranteed connx and which ones dont?Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
It means that if there's a misconnection, it's their problem and not yours. They will reaccomodate you at no charge, though it may not be the same service (ie, bus instead of train) or same day.

If your connection is not guaranteed and you book it anyway, it's treated just like you missed the train. You're on your own for reaccomodation.

It means that if there's a misconnection, it's their problem and not yours. They will reaccomodate you at no charge, though it may not be the same service (ie, bus instead of train) or same day.
If your connection is not guaranteed and you book it anyway, it's treated just like you missed the train. You're on your own for reaccomodation.
Thats what I mean. How do you know which connx. are guaranteed and which ones aren't?

If you can book it on the website without using the multi-city option or two separate reservations, it's guaranteed. Likewise, if you call them for a reservation they won't make one that isn't guaranteed.

In other words, if they offer the connection, it's guaranteed. If you force a connection by breaking your trip into multiple parts, it's not.

If Amtrak shows it in their system it can be guarenteed. It should be on the same reservation, as well, although cross referencing them generally also makes it happen.

No, Multi City does not allow connections that are impossible, but does allow for ones that are not guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back