Great European Composition Website

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deni

Lead Service Attendant
I discovered this website recently (been around a while, don't know why I hadn't seen it before) and I really geek out on it. You can look up European train sets car compositions and see where on the train your seat reservation is located, or you can use it when choosing your seat on trains where that is available.

I used this a lot for a recent trip I was planning for train-novice clients going to Germany, Austria, and Czech Republic. Was able to give them specific directions on where on the train to look for their car (front, back, middle) and make them less stressed about making connections.

This is the site:

https://www.vagonweb.cz/

Click on "composition" and you can either use the boxes to search for train numbers or use the list of countries and train types to find specific train numbers. Will show you train direction and order of car numbers, most have seat plans and pictures of examples of the car types. Will have really specific info about the different compositions on different dates, such as noting that the train runs a lot more car in summer months and will list the dates they run.

If you haven't seen this site before I hope you find it valuable (and fun as hell to look at all the trains).

Good point. Mine defaults to that, maybe because of choosing it previously.

Back