Good News!!!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfleet

Engineer
By LESLIE A. PAPPASStaff reporter

10/25/2002

Declaring it essential to fix damaged equipment, Amtrak officials said Thursday they will bring 48 furloughed workers back to the Bear facility within the next two weeks.

Local union leaders credited lawmakers with helping to get workers back on the job, and said they hope the struggling railroad would get more funding so it can call more workers back over the next few months.
Full article can be found here.

What about Beech Grove?

Its good to see more equipment being repaired. Hopefully soon we'll have enough to get the Cardinal Superliner, and the Silver Palm Back. B)

I doubt the Palm will be back before April. Since the Fall schedules just came out, and it lists the Palmetto, no Palm in the near future.

They Fixed the map this time on the schedule, it correctly displays "Palmetto" instead of "Silver Palm" like they did on the April timetables

We don't follow the schedule, it follows us.

If the equipment becomes available, the train consist will change and will be noted on the website and at the reservation center.

If you look at the bottom of the schedule, it makes the point that changes can be made without notice!

B)

No, But depending on ridership during the holidays, it might change around Christmas.

This warning about the trains won't help much. I wonder if this info was purposely "leaked" by the Bush Admin hoping to put another "nail in the coffin?"

This administration has shown that it isn't listening to people in this country, whether it's about Iraq or Amtrak. They are going to do what benefits Bush and "big business!"

Bush will not come out and say " No Amtrak" but a little lie about terrorists on the trains from an "anonomous source" won't come back to bite him on the ***!

B)

Miami Joe said:
If you look at the bottom of the schedule, it makes the point that changes can be made without notice!
Thats to account for your late trains. :D

Guest said:
Miami Joe said:
Thats to account for your late trains. :D
Thats me with the smart comments. Im at work on saturday. :(

Maybe 2300 will come out of mothballs!!!  
I just hope they find a way to rid the car of that mothball smell before they put it back into service. We don't need cars smelling like a storage closet B)

tp49 said:
Maybe 2300 will come out of mothballs!!!  
I just hope they find a way to rid the car of that mothball smell before they put it back into service. We don't need cars smelling like a storage closet B)
Hey if I could find and photograph, even ride in 2300 I'd be happy. Currently no prototype Viewliners are running. 2300 was last known to be put in to storage in DPF (Bear, Delaware) in 1998 [i think], 2301 [now 62091] is in Ivy City, as of September 26 for bad wheels or suspension, and 8400 is in Beech Grove as of July in dead storage.

Joe, update me on the status of those if you can (Particularly 2300), Thanks. :)

No, I haven't heard any news on 2300 and ARROW is down today.

I'm hoping that 2300 might be included as a repair. One thing that just occurred to me was since 2301 is still in WAS with bad trucks, they might use 2300 for parts if they share the same trucks! :(

B)

Miami Joe said:
No, I haven't heard any news on 2300 and ARROW is down today.
I'm hoping that 2300 might be included as a repair. One thing that just occurred to me was since 2301 is still in WAS with bad trucks, they might use 2300 for parts if they share the same trucks! :(

B)
Didn't you say they could use Superliner I trucks?

Do you think theres any chance in the near future of 2300 being located (by us)?

Anything I can do to help, heck I'd look in DPF if I could. B)

When I ran the specs down a couple of weeks ago on the trk assy's, it looked like an easy repair.

I haven't heard anymore since. I'm only going with the info on ARROW. There could be more problems that I'm not aware of.

I'm waiting to see if any of the furloughed workers coming back are people that my co-workers might know. That' going to be 2-3 weeks.

If you were close to DPF, I'm sure you could get on the property and ask around. Most RR people are friendly and when you explained the situation they would be helpful.

B)

Miami Joe said:
When I ran the specs down a couple of weeks ago on the trk assy's, it looked like an easy repair.
I haven't heard anymore since. I'm only going with the info on ARROW. There could be more problems that I'm not aware of.

I'm waiting to see if any of the furloughed workers coming back are people that my co-workers might know. That' going to be 2-3 weeks.

If you were close to DPF, I'm sure you could get on the property and ask around. Most RR people are friendly and when you explained the situation they would be helpful.

B)
Put it this way, eventually I'll go (with my camera and/or camcorder) if we can't find it, as I'm probably closest (N. New Jersey) unless the camera would pose a problem.

Whats DPF's address anyway?

I'll have to get the address tomorrow since ARROW is down. I know it's close to Wilmington Delaware.

Like I said, walk in and tell them some BS story, like you're doing a paper on the prototypes and can someone show you the car and I'm sure someone will help you!!

We get foamers all the time to look at the old sleepers and we show them around. B)

Miami Joe said:
I'll have to get the address tomorrow since ARROW is down. I know it's close to Wilmington Delaware.
Like I said, walk in and tell them some BS story, like you're doing a paper on the prototypes and can someone show you the car and I'm sure someone will help you!!

We get foamers all the time to look at the old sleepers and we show them around. B)
Ok, I'll visit (someday), maybe I can get my parents to take me on a trip to Wilmington.

I just posted a thread on Trainorders.

Maybe we'll get a bite.

Did you ever start a topic on Trains.com or Yahoo? B)

Actually the Wilmington facility is nearer to Wilmington than is Bear. However Bear is not that far from Wilmington. Both facilities are visible from the NEC, if you are headed to DC just sit on the left side of the train to see them. The Wilmington facility will show up just before you pull into the Wilmington station. Bear is further south from the Wilmington station, also on the left side while heading to DC.

Miami Joe said:
I just posted a thread on Trainorders.
Maybe we'll get a bite.

Did you ever start a topic on Trains.com or Yahoo? B)
Started one at trains.com, not at Yahoo Though.

Alan, thanks but I'm specifically refering to Bear and 2300, which may or may not be contained in that facility.

Viewliner said:
Alan, thanks but I'm specifically refering to Bear and 2300, which may or may not be contained in that facility.
I realize that, however since Joe said that Bear was close to Wilmington, I didn't want you to be confused with which was which. Bear is further south from Wilmington. Whereas the Wilmington facility is obviously closer to Wilmington. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back