Getting from Penn Sta. to Peekskill

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DennisInGeorgia

Train Attendant
OK, NYC Amtrak gurus, I need some advice. We'll be pulling into NYP from Atlanta early this summer on our way to Peekskill. Any way I slice it, I need to transfer to the Metro North line to get up there, but do I make the mad dash from NYP to Grand Central to catch a Hudson train, or is it better to get a No. 1 train out of Penn and intersect with Metro North up at Marble Hill? Or is there something I have yet to think of? I bet there is someone who's done this several dozen times and can share your knowledge. We certainly could use it.

Well the easiest way to do it is to transfer to another Amtrak train on the Empire Corridor to Croton-Harmon, then switch to a Metro North train to Peekskill. This would also be the most expensive way to do things; but again it would be the easiest way to do it.

Failing that, I'd go to Grand Central and not Marble Hill.

As stated above, the best option is the Empire Service from NYP to connect to the MNR.

If you don't want to do that, you can take the 1/2/3 trains to the shuttle to Grand Central (or just take a cab).

Interestingly, the fare difference is not that significant ($12 off-peak MNR vs. $18 Amtrak, both to Croton Harmon. From there, you'd have to take MNR).

It would be easier to use the Empire Service.

Back