Ft Myers To Orlando?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jackie

Hello, I am wondering if there is an AMTRAK or bus service from Ft Myers to Orlando?? I currently drive back and forth occasionally and it costs me a full tank of gas for a round trip, which comes out to about $40. I appreciate any and all responses, thank you.

There is no actual Amtrak train service, but I believe there is a Thruway bus service between Ft Myers and Orlando! You may have to book it with a train portion - if so book to Winter Park, and just get off/get on in Orlando. (I don't know if the time meet the schedule you need, as these buses are timed for meeting trains.)

You can also take a Thruway bus to Tampa and catch the Silver Star. The catch is that it leaves Ft. Myers at 11:45 AM and the train arrives in Orlando at 7:08 PM. Quite a long time for a distance you can drive in 3 hours. Then again, you're not driving. I can drive to St. Louis in 3 hours, and it takes me 5 to take Amtrak there, but I find it worth it. Tickets at low bucket are $58 round-trip, and I would consider $18 and 4 extra hours quite worth it not to have to drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back