Freight train derails near Taylor Yard

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you hear it's supposed to be "fully operational"? I'm curious, because I am totally expecting a "bus bridge" from St. Louis to....who knows where....through next week, based on what I've heard on the news about flooding along the route through Missouri and Arkansas. I hope you're right and I'm wrong; I have tickets for the 12th...

Where did you hear it's supposed to be "fully operational"? I'm curious, because I am totally expecting a "bus bridge" from St. Louis to....who knows where....through next week, based on what I've heard on the news about flooding along the route through Missouri and Arkansas. I hope you're right and I'm wrong; I have tickets for the 12th...

The link below is from Amtrak. I am going around the time you are too. I am going to check back on the 8th and see if the service is still suspended.

https://www.amtrak.com/alert/amtrak...ween-missouri-and-texas-through-arkansas.html

I figured "through the 7th" meant "this is how long it will take us to get buses in place" but still, I hope I'm wrong. I go on the 12th. But I know on the news they're still saying that the flooding around Little Rock is terrible, and I know the usual TE route through Missouri runs for a while on tracks that are *awfully close* to the Mississippi, and it's not that far below the tracks at normal times.

I figured "through the 7th" meant "this is how long it will take us to get buses in place" but still, I hope I'm wrong. I go on the 12th. But I know on the news they're still saying that the flooding around Little Rock is terrible, and I know the usual TE route through Missouri runs for a while on tracks that are *awfully close* to the Mississippi, and it's not that far below the tracks at normal times.

I guess we will both find out soon. If so, I am cancelling and flying to where I need to be.

Yeah, well, I can't get a plane to where my car is located (MIN), and the logistics of flying to DFW and then arranging for transportation to where my car is is more than I can deal with along with the other stuff in my life right now...so if it's a bus, it's a bus.

I can't imagine Amtrak just totally hosing pax for like a week and a half, though I supposed stranger things have happened.

Any info on the Northbound Eagle? Did they get a path cleared through Taylor? Last time they had an unpleasantness on that very spot, they had a shoo-fly installed there within a day. However, judging from the news photos, this one is a little worse than last time. That
is an interesting curve with a turnout in the middle.

Any info on the Northbound Eagle? Did they get a path cleared through Taylor? Last time they had an unpleasantness on that very spot, they had a shoo-fly installed there within a day. However, judging from the news photos, this one is a little worse than last time. That
is an interesting curve with a turnout in the middle.

Looks like it. The TE22 was 3 hours late to Taylor and now heading to Temple.

TE22 is back on schedule today. 6/8/19 Hopefully your trip goes well.

Back