First LD Amtrak Trip! California Zephyr, Chicago to Emeryville - O

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate your interesting report and the great photos. If you are going into from Emeryville to San Francisco using an Amtrak transfer, I would appreciate learning how that went.
I did not use the transfer since I was planning on Ubering. It was $15 for me to get to my friend's work with an Uber (equivalent with Lyft) and it was going to be $11 for the transfer to downtown + whatever it would cost me to Uber down to her place from there (probably another $10). Everyone who was riding the transfer bus seemed to be doing okay though. The ticket person was very helpful (tip - the restrooms in the lobby at the station need a token to access them, and the ticket counter person will hand you one) so I think it would have been pretty easy/straightforward if I had wanted it.

FWIW - Uber and Lyft are the easiest ways, by far, to get around SF if you don't have a car (aside from walking, depending on where you are). Most rides, except to the airport, cost us less than 10 bucks for 2 people when using the "pool" service (you potentially share rides with other people along the way). I was with lots of friends who live in SF (and have for anywhere between 2-6 years) and that's what all of them use to get around. (Full disclosure, we are all around 30 years old.)

I am working on getting all my photos organized (something like 200GB...I went a little overboard...we will see how many turn out), then I will write up some blog posts and, fingers crossed, make the time lapses. Am I allowed to link to my website to show you the posts? They will have lots more photos and details about the trip (it is my personal travel/adventure blog that I try to write about our trips in). I definitely understand if not
default_smile.png
Thanks everyone for reading!!

I am working on getting all my photos organized (something like 200GB...I went a little overboard...we will see how many turn out), then I will write up some blog posts and, fingers crossed, make the time lapses. Am I allowed to link to my website to show you the posts? They will have lots more photos and details about the trip (it is my personal travel/adventure blog that I try to write about our trips in). I definitely understand if not
default_smile.png
Thanks everyone for reading!!
If you're not selling or profiting on anything from the site, you can link to it.
default_smile.png

Love the photos! I've always heard that the CA Zephyr was one of the most beautiful routes, and now I see why.

A very enjoyable read, and the photos are great, especially through the train windows.

Please link your travel blog, many of us enjoy reading about all aspects of travel.

Ed.

Back