Financial cost of reimbursing travelers on delayed trains

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With so many delays, I'm wondering how much it is costing AMTRAK for the refunds, vouchers, hotel accommodations, buses racing to make connections, and other financial costs of delayed trains? Whether AMTRAK is at fault or not, AMTRAK pays. Do they get any reimbursement from freight railroads when those railroads cause the delays? Does AMTRAK have insurance that covers such losses? I'm guessing AMTRAK must be paying out a considerable amount of money each year. I welcome opinions and facts.

With so many delays, I'm wondering how much it is costing AMTRAK for the refunds, vouchers, hotel accommodations, buses racing to make connections, and other financial costs of delayed trains? Whether AMTRAK is at fault or not, AMTRAK pays. Do they get any reimbursement from freight railroads when those railroads cause the delays? Does AMTRAK have insurance that covers such losses? I'm guessing AMTRAK must be paying out a considerable amount of money each year. I welcome opinions and facts.
The Answer is that we All Pay for this!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back