Empire Builder question....

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric308

Lead Service Attendant
If #8 is late coming into Chicago does it affect #7's departure west? Just curious, how many EB consists are there? Is there always a #7 just waiting in the wings? I was kind of wondering because all of a sudden #8 is almost an hour late out of Wisconsin Dells. Leading to another question....we are experiencing some very high winds in the area and maybe they issue slow warnings at such times? They are gusting over 40 and we are having some almost whiteout snow squalls. Why am I concerned? I'm leaving on #7 today at 5:02pm. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
If #8 is late coming into Chicago does it affect #7's departure west? Just curious, how many EB consists are there? Is there always a #7 just waiting in the wings?
The 8 does not arrive in time to turn same day, so it will sit over night. There are 5 sets needed to cover the builder schedules.Today's train 7 should not be affected by the delay to 8, however there could be delay due to weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
Train 7 leaves Chicago before Train 8 arrives in Chicago every day. Even when 8 is on time or, as frequently occurs, is early. They pass each other north of Glenview IL. So no, a late arriving 8 will not cause a late departure of 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back