Elderly lady kicked off Eagle.

Discussion in 'Amtrak Rail Discussion' started by crescent-zephyr, May 3, 2019.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

1. May 11, 2019 #101

Michigan Mom

Michigan Mom

Michigan Mom

Lead Service Attendant

Yup, detraining is actually the least punitive option among many. "lifetime" bans are disproportionately harsh, and probably difficult to enforce, as would an additional cleaning fee, or any fee the passenger didn't agree to beforehand.

2. May 11, 2019 #102

Thirdrail7

T

Thirdrail7

Conductor

The PET program has been in effect for a few years now. They can see if this market is strong or weak. It is no longer speculative. They can see how many pets (and bikes) are legally reserved on a train.

Yes. There is nothing like leaving a pet on a train with a 17 hour schedule, with one stop..and that assumes it is one time.

They don't.

3. May 11, 2019 #103

me_little_me

m

me_little_me

Conductor

The biggest problem I see is that there are too few bedrooms available on a train to leave any available for pets. Moreover, the potential cleanup could take too long to get the car back in service if there is a serious issue. As to air conditioning in baggage cars, not only is that a big expense for too little a return but how long would the animal have to remain caged up and unfed and who would do it? You're not talking about a 2-5 hour plane ride.

4. May 12, 2019 #104

TiBike

TiBike

TiBike

OBS Chief

Have they released any numbers about bike reservations? My casual observation is that the number of bikes on the Starlight has steadily increased over the past three years, based on what I've seen on the train and on the reservation system. From my occasional looks at a few other LD routes, I'm not seeing the same pattern, but it's a small sample size.

5. May 12, 2019 #105

Thirdrail7

T

Thirdrail7

Conductor

I'm not sure they've done it publicly and the revenue portion is buried in "other" categories.

TiBike likes this.
  6. May 14, 2019 #106

troo troo tcrane

troo troo tcrane

troo troo tcrane

Train Attendant

Just met someone last weekend who bragged about lying to have her dog labeled ESA dog so she can have it in her condo without paying a fee.

Some people have no scruples.