EB Split

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AutoTrDvr

OBS Chief
Do any of you EB experts there know where it splits off of the METRA (old Mikwaukee Rd Fox Lake) line after passing through Glenview, on it's way north? Does it, for example, pass through the "Northbrook" METRA station? I used to work in Northbrook for a bit. There was this lunch place called "Little Louies..."

The absolute, best, greasiest most perfect french fries of the time... :)

Do any of you EB experts there know where it splits off of the METRA (old Mikwaukee Rd Fox Lake) line after passing through Glenview, on it's way north? Does it, for example, pass through the "Northbrook" METRA station? I used to work in Northbrook for a bit. There was this lunch place called "Little Louies..."

Metra line to Fox Lake leaves main line to Milwaukee at Rondout, north of Lake Forest, so EB does go through Northbrook.

Metra line to Fox Lake leaves main line to Milwaukee at Rondout, north of Lake Forest, so EB does go through Northbrook.
Ah, so near Libertyville... OK... Thanks! :hi:

The area around Rondout is very interesting.

The exact location is between the Lake Forest (West) and Libertyville stops on the Metra, or just after Milepost 32.

Going north (west) on the Empire Builder at Rondout, you first cross the Canadian National (former Elgin, Joliet, and Eastern) freight beltway around Chicago (the tower which is still manned can be seen on the right) -- then you go under a bicycle trail bridge -- this used to be a branch of the North Shore Line from Lake Bluff to Libertyville -- and then you will see the Metra tracks break off on the left to Fox Lake.

I have about 6 pages about Rondout in my book, Outside the Rails. www.outsidetherails.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back