EB Mess - 2

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The operative word on the "glaciers" in the Park (really just about two dozen large compacted snow fields left over from the last ice age now) is the comment that they have been a feature of this Park for only about 7000 years. The glaciers that formed the spectacular valleys and jagged peaks have been gone for millions of years. It is still indeed worth the trip to see what happened long, long ago. The trip to Logan Pass is always an exciting and visually stunning one!!!

BTW I know Mr Mulfield mentioned in the article, nice fellow.

PS--If it is large glaciers you want to see a "slight" detour to our neighbor to the North (Canada) and the ice fields in Banff and Jasper National Parks are massive, stretching for many, many square miles and hundreds of feet thick of spectacular "blue ice".

I will reiterate what my sainted mother said about glacier (she first visited in the 20's)

The last thing God did on Earth was make Glacier. When she was done (god was always a female to my mother, that's another story) she called the Devil over and said "Beat This". The Devil shook his head and walked away.

Banff and Lake Louise are a close second.

We were there two weeks ago,,, sadly I will probably never go back, but now She Who Must Be Obeyed has finally seen it.

#8, still in MN and not yet into MSP is now over 8 hours late. I guess this is "payback" from BNSF for somehow allowing ONE EB to sneak thru less than 30 minutes late on Monday--Rats!!!

[SIZE=10pt]From my daily log for Wed. 27-Aug on EB 8/25: • Overnight we lost more time, and at Fargo ND about 7am, we were over 5 hours late. They seem to be optimistic about ETA for stops ahead, so I take it with a grain of salt when they announce we should be in MSP at about noon, and CHI at 8pm. • They will not know about Chicago connections until after we get to Milwaukee, but will be serving dinner tonight (free for coach passengers). • Lunch as we approached MSP. • They fed the coach passengers dinner starting at about 4pm, stew on rice (sorry to vegetarians, we can give you a dinner roll), and then called in the sleeping car passengers to enjoy some regular entrees that were still available, without advertising this luxury to the coach pax. • Pulled into CHI about 9:15 and boarded 48/448 right on the next track, without going into the station; departed on time at 9:30. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I imagine this scenario would vary a lot depending on the available victuals and ETA. [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
7(29) just left CHI about an hour late, at around 3:15. They held it for passengers from the CL, which arrived at around 2:40. A friend (AU member northeastern292) who is riding it today says it was a real nail-biter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back