Eastbound on the CL Westbound on the Cardinal

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Big Iron

I just made reservations for a CHI roundtrip from RVR, 1/08/10. Westbound on the CL, room #2. Eastbound on the Card, room #8. I've travelled the CL often but the last time I was on the Cardinal was in slumbercoach.

I would like the groups general consenus on the room locations within the cars. Any other thoughts, insights are welcome as well.

I'm well aquainted with the Acela lounge and Metropolitan lounge and things to do during layovers.

Thanks!!

Big Iron

Well here is the layout of the cars. On the Capitol Limited it will be a superliner and on the Cardinal it will be viewliner.

PLANS.jpg

Link to the picture HERE not sure if MODS will leave the pic up or not.

I've ridden both trains you are in for a real treat. I liked the Capitol more then the Cardinal both trains are well worth it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm kind of confused! :blink: The thread's title says EASTbound on the CL, but your post says WESTbound on the CL! And the title says WESTbound on the Cardinal, but your post says EASTbound on the Cardinal! So which way are you traveling? :huh:

Assuming your post is correct, those are excellent! :) They are both near the center of the car, and the Eastbound Cardinal is IMHO the better way to travel. However with the sleeper on the Cardinal on the rear, most likely roomette 8 will be on the less scenic side in the New River Gorge! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm kind of confused! :blink: The thread's title says EASTbound on the CL, but your post says WESTbound on the CL! And the title says WESTbound on the Cardinal, but your post says EASTbound on the Cardinal! So which way are you traveling? :huh:
Assuming your post is correct, those are excellent! :) They are both near the center of the car, and the Eastbound Cardinal is IMHO the better way to travel. However with the sleeper on the Cardinal on the rear, most likely roomette 8 will be on the less scenic side in the New River Gorge! :(

Sorry for the confusion, Westbound CL, Eastbound Cardinal. I was worried that #8 would be on the wrong side eastbound. oh well. I'd look for a vacant roomette to try and get some view or go the the lounge. The first, and last, time I was on a Viewliner was on the Twighlight Shoreline, roomette. Very nice and looking forward to a ride in the top bunk this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back