Dumped the World card

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found it difficult, if not impossible, to take advantage of the coupons and couldn't justify the cost so I dumped my World card. Just called them right after they received my full payment and before the new month (and new fee) started. They were very nice about it and wanted to offer me another no-fee card but what they offered didn't appeal to me. I already had the other card (and had received bonuses on both). Also, that final payment was the $4K I owed for a cruise so I got the double points on it.

I have the regular Amtrak card, a Marriott card that gets me Marriott points (with bonus for restaurants). Cruises are rare, air tickets are even rarer. I have 80K+ points having paid and gotten my 3X points for two upcoming rail trips, so I can't see the advantage at this time of keeping that card. Perhaps a Hilton card might be a good deal. I already have a USAA cash-back card.

I thought we didn't get points from AGR until the trip was over. The bank part? Dunno, but not the agr 2 pts/$.
The points (2 or 3 per dollar depending on which card you have) from payment via the BofA AGR card is the next billing cycle regardless of when you take the trip. The points (2 per dollar) from Amtrak are not awarded until after completion of the trip.

Back