Dropping Routes If Needed

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cars are being repaired and released for revenue, but I'm sure if the money was available it would help!

B) B)

Amtrak2276 said:
I'm sure Bagley dragging his feet cutting jobs, which set back the so called reorganization has something to do with it. Months upon months to cuts 80 managers, and the revolving chairs is still not complete.
Amtrak2276,

Actually, while Bagley lost his job over not cutting jobs, that would have nothing to do with Beach Grove being able to turn out cars or not. Bagley was working on the reorganization plan, which went into effect on October 1st. So there would have been no savings on salaries prior to that date.

Now of course when Stan dropped the ball, David picked it up and ran with it. Based upon another post here on the board from Miami Joe, it does look like the ax is already falling and we are only 5 days into the start of the new plan. Joe has reported that a useless manager in Miami, while not fired has been seriously demoted, because he was in a position that was way over his head.

Finally, as Joe also mentioned, cars are coming out of Beach Grove. They may not be coming out as fast as we might like, but at least the process has started after languishing for years. Also remember that it takes time to order, get, and/or make many of the parts that are needed. Going from a dead stand still, with few parts in reserve, takes time.

On another related topic, I’m also hearing that the refurbishment program has either started again or will very shortly. So it would appear that Amtrak under David Gunn, is trying to fix both it fleet and its problems.

Now the big question is, will Congress give him the money to do it?

Ps. Welcome to the forum. :) :)

The reason I linked Bagley and Beech Grove is the unsettled state of management, with no one knowing where their going to be, and who's responsible for what. His actions prolonged it.

I sure would like to see the numbers of the repaired cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back