double days returning?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benale

Lead Service Attendant
I always look forward to accumulating those points. Usually the fall promotion begins around this time. Any news?

The fall Double Days promo starts Monday, September 8, and will run through November 14. Registration is not open yet, but should be by Monday.

Last year I signed up the week before the promo ended, and the double points backdated to the beginning of the promotion. I'm glad that Amtrak does that.

I'm pretty excited because I'm taking a lot of short-distance trips on the Keystone where $16 will get me 200, but also taking my first LD trip for this, so should be racking up my points !

I also ride the Keystone during double days from ELT to HAR or LNC..Senior fare $11.05. I just hit 40,000 points in June and booked a nice two zone each way trip from TOL to SLO, taking the longest way possible..The EB Westbound and The Texas Eagle Eastbound.

Always trying to save money and do different routes. I'm taking Megabus to Chicago and back $3.50 round trip in October and I'm riding to Princeton on the SW Chief and back later in the day.

I figure in a couple of years with AGR points and hopefully finding another 50% points sale I'll be booking another long distance trip.

...not sure why there wasn't an announcement...
There is still time. I wouldn't blame AGR if they wait until Monday. Experience has likely told them that waiting to make the announcement stops a lot of calls from folks POed that they can't register, for a promotion that has not even started yet, from clogging up AGR's phone lines.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is still time. I wouldn't blame AGR if they wait until Monday. Experience has likely told them that waiting to make the announcement stops a lot of calls from folks POed that they can't register, for a promotion that has not even started yet, from clogging up AGR's phone lines.I
I have SE status, so I have auto-registration. I was concerned about those that may not be enrolled in time....

You can register after your trip during the promotional period and get the points retroactively.

There is still time. I wouldn't blame AGR if they wait until Monday. Experience has likely told them that waiting to make the announcement stops a lot of calls from folks POed that they can't register, for a promotion that has not even started yet, from clogging up AGR's phone lines.I
I have SE status, so I have auto-registration. I was concerned about those that may not be enrolled in time....
For those who use FlyerTalk they will find out first.

You can register after your trip during the promotional period and get the points retroactively.
Just to clarify the promotion applies to trip date and not when you book it? I just booked a trip five minutes ago then saw this thread about the promotion starting in two days :angry2:

Just to clarify the promotion applies to trip date and not when you book it? I just booked a trip five minutes ago then saw this thread about the promotion starting in two days :angry2:
Yep! Its when you travel, not when you booked. You'll be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back