Do we have a Phase VI??

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NE933

Conductor
On TrainOrders.com, someone posts a picture of a Genesis locomotive with alot more red, this time it's crimson, and the blue is navy, with white stars. Mainly the front is visible, though on the side it seems the colors run all the way to the back, though it's hard to make out for sure. In this scheme, the stripes are wider and in the reverse, in other words: red on top, blue on bottom. The picture is likely from a maintenance shop that handles Caltrain equipment since a careful eye can see one of their engines on an adjoining track.

This, combined with a report on the same website but a different posting, that ACS-64 #602 shall wear what is termed as "special graphics", and likely this will be the unit to be tested on the Northeast Corridor.

Nothing is confirmed or known for sure, just a 'look out' for what's up ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't find it anymore either, but did see it earlier today. Wouldn't mind a few special engines painted like that, but not the whole fleet!

Looks like it's a Verterans Scheme; some pics here:

1013026_4330677644258_1017625819_n.jpg

7439_573948915961102_204341743_n.jpg

1044701_10200320653207149_1980234900_n.jpg

peter

This looks very nice.

I'd heard rumors that Amtrak was working on a special veterans livery. I was expecting a cliched camouflage paint job... But this is very classy!

Cheers to the designer and the folks at the paint shop.

Now I'm excited to see what the have planned for #602.

Although come to think of it, it could very well be a new paint scheme. I've been working on making #42 for Trainz once I saw the pics I posted; and something dawned on me. That paint scheme looks really familiar, I've seen it somewhere.

How about here?

8_S8.jpg

So maybe this is the new paint scheme for Amtrak, but if it is, why wasn't the ACS-64s painted in it?

peter

Although come to think of it, it could very well be a new paint scheme. I've been working on making #42 for Trainz once I saw the pics I posted; and something dawned on me. That paint scheme looks really familiar, I've seen it somewhere.
How about here?

8_S8.jpg

So maybe this is the new paint scheme for Amtrak, but if it is, why wasn't the ACS-64s painted in it?

peter
This is the paint job for the ill-fated Wisconsin Talgos, red and white are the colors of the University of Wisconsin.

How about here?
8_S8.jpg

peter
This is the paint job for the ill-fated Wisconsin Talgos, red and white are the colors of the University of Wisconsin.
Keep the paint. Change the Cabbage.

As far as searching for photos, I'd say periodically checking That Other site. The are usually some of the first people to get that sort of information.

As another user was starting #42 for Trainz, I am doing it for those that use the ol' Microsoft Train Simulator. Keep in mind I'm not even halfway done with the unit.

999012_571494946234640_652063221_n.jpg

For those interested, my teaser shot of #42 in Trainz. I will release her as close to the same time Amtrak unveils theirs.

PerRock_20130621_0000.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back