Daylight Saving Time - check your profile settings

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony

Founder
Honored Member
Daylight Saving Time has arrived, and you may need to tweak your user control panel settings to reflect the change. I don't recall if this forum software is aware of the new DST rules that came into effect a few years ago, but one day soon when I actually update the software, this should hopefully be fixed!

You can make the change by clicking on "My Controls" at the top right corner of the screen, and then click "Board Settings" on the left sidebar of your user control panel.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you uncheck "Automatically correct DST" or whatever, a new checkbox appears that lets you manually specify that DST is in effect without adjusting your master time zone setting. :)

Daylight Saving Time has arrived, and you may need to tweak your user control panel settings to reflect the change. I don't recall if this forum software is aware of the new DST rules that came into effect a few years ago, but one day soon when I actually update the software, this should hopefully be fixed!
You can make the change by clicking on "My Controls" at the top right corner of the screen, and then click "Board Settings" on the left sidebar of your user control panel.

Thanks!
Is the post time really important to posters?

Is the post time really important to posters?
It certainly can be, if for no other reason than providing a frame of reference as posts become older and older. Would you prefer I remove all of the times everywhere? Imagine how lost we'd be if people were talking about major service disruptions due to inclement weather from five years ago! :lol:

You know very well that threads from five years ago never resurface!

In all seriousness, though, if you knew the date, then the specific time wouldn't be as important (was it five years ago at 9:00, or 10:00?).

That said, I like the timestamps because it helps me see what posts are new when I'm using a browser where I'm not logged in.

Back