Daily Birthday Greeting list discontinued

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_traveler

Engineer
Effective immediately, I will not be doing a daily update and posting members birthdays.

This was a tradition here at AU started by Eric Milton in 2005. Eric continued it until his passing. At that time, I took it over in his honor (with occasional assistance from Penny).

However, based on the recent thread on deceased AU members, combined with the posting by some members that they were not aware of the passing of AlanB, it appears that many do not care if this is posted or not. One of the reasons given was the members do not look at the News, Announcements and Introductions section at all since it is just Birthday Greetings. Sometimes that section contains important forum news.

The birthdays have been moved to The Lounge. Any member is free to post a birthday greeting to a known and active AU member, if you wish. But the list will not be updated.

Also, we have removed the list on the main page. This will alleviate some of the concerns expressed in the Deceased AU Members of having a age showing 138 years old. Or listing a birthday of a member who has not posted since 2003.

Last edited by a moderator:
I smell a Pay cut coming!
Blame Anderson - everything Amtrak is his fault.
default_tongue.png

Back