CZ to CL

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RailFanLNK

Conductor
So what is Amtrak's "plan of attack" when the CZ is late making the connection to the Cap? How long do they hold the Capital Limited? Is there any bussing that they do if they don't want to hold the CL for long? I have friends who are taking Amtrak's CZ to the Cap and then onward to DC. I'm trying to get them pertinent information for their upcoming trip!

If it is close, they will generally hold the CL for the CZ. If it gets too late, they will do their best to put you up in a hotel and put you on the next days train.

If you look at this week, the CZ has been getting in around 6:30 or 7:00 (3 1/2 to 4 hours late), and the CL has been going out up to an hour late.

When are they going Al? The trackwork East of Chicago and weather has been s problem, but by fall things should be back to "normal" on this Route!

If the Zephyr is late, as said, Amtrak will take care of them, they have lots of experience in CHI with this!!!

I would say if the CZ is more than 2 hours late plan on a night in CHI at Amtrak's expense and traveling on next days train, problem is if you are ticketed for a Sleeper on the CL you won't be guaranteed a room on the next day, just transportation.

They've also been know to rebook onto the Lakeshore Limited and a Regional to get you to WAS. Like putting you up and sending you out the next day, there is no guarantee you'll still have a sleeper if they do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back