CUS/Lounge Access and Train Boarding

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Later this week I will be arriving into CUS on the Capitol Limited on sleeper and transferring to the Illini, on which I am now ticketed for coach. I am hoping I can take advantage of an upgrade coupon to Business Class, though I have to call in no earlier than 12 hours before departure to apply that which means about 5 a.m. when AGR lines open. If it is booked and I am unable to use the upgrade, I know I have liberty to use the Metropolitan Lounge given my sleeper ticket on the inbound CL, but am I correct in my presumption I will be permitted to board early from the lounge along with Business Class? Appreciate in advance any insight.

Later this week I will be arriving into CUS on the Capitol Limited on sleeper and transferring to the Illini, on which I am now ticketed for coach. I am hoping I can take advantage of an upgrade coupon to Business Class, though I have to call in no earlier than 12 hours before departure to apply that which means about 5 a.m. when AGR lines open. If it is booked and I am unable to use the upgrade, I know I have liberty to use the Metropolitan Lounge given my sleeper ticket on the inbound CL, but am I correct in my presumption I will be permitted to board early from the lounge along with Business Class? Appreciate in advance any insight.
Yes, you can still board early. I've done this many times. If the conductor gives you any grief, show them your lounge pass.

Yes, you can still board early. I've done this many times. If the conductor gives you any grief, show them your lounge pass.
Lounge pass? You mean the multicolored proof-of-eligibility thingys printed on card stock? Those went away with the old Metropolitan Lounge (aka The Cave). But maybe the conductors would recognize the substitute eTicket printouts marked with the highlighter color-of-the-day.

Back