connection with reward points.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amtkstn

OBS Chief
If you do a reservation with rewards point and have a connection, is it a Guaranteed connection? I have a trip upcoming with a connection from the Chief to the River Runner.

So long as you don't create a manual break point at the connection in question (using the multi-city booking tool) your connections should be formally guaranteed.  If you did create a manual break point at the connection in question then it will probably still be informally guaranteed.  That being said, if you're expecting trouble and/or you need this to be fully guaranteed I would submit this inquiry to Amtrak themselves.  If this confirmation is done over the phone be sure to collect names, dates, and times to help bolster your case if there happens to be a dispute in the future.

I called this trip in to the Amtrak rewards phone number to do my reservation. Would that effect the connection?

Last edited by a moderator:
I called this trip in to the Amtrak rewards phone number to do my reservation. Would that effect the connection?
If you simply gave the AGR desk a starting point and an ending point then you should be good to go for 99.99% of trips.  ^_^

If a train is unexpectedly cancelled or annulled (such as for a crash, derailment, or winter weather) there is a slight risk you may not be provided with alternative transportation.  In which case you should be provided (and should expect) a full refund for your troubles.  Hope that helps. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back