Connection in LAX on TE & CS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenneth

Service Attendant
I am looking at a trip in late April to early May. With no layover in LAX. , I would be arriving on TE at 5:35am and departing on CS at 10:10am. Considering possible weather and track work, what is the chances this is possible?

Thank You.

I did it in September, had time to go eat breakfast at Philippe's and then waited a couple of hours in the Metropolitan Lounge. Plan to do it again in June. The connection is guaranteed. If the train is going to be too late, they will put you on a bus somewhere short of LA and take you to meet the Starlight.

I am looking at a trip in late April to early May. With no layover in LAX. , I would be arriving on TE at 5:35am and departing on CS at 10:10am. Considering possible weather and track work, what is the chances this is possible?

Thank You.
Plenty of time....here is a link to past connections at LAX for #1 (which is also 21) to #14. Many arrivals before 5AM, as others have said!

http://juckins.net/amtrak_status/archive/html/connections.php?date_start=11%2F28%2F2014&date_end=01%2F27%2F2015&a_train_num=1&c_train_num=14&station=lax&sort_dir=DESC

As others have mentioned it is an easy connection and even though you are allowed to stay in your Sleeper until I believe 0630, chances are you will be up and getting ready by about Ontario. Skip the 0430 Breakfast call and save your appetitie for Philippe which dishes out an excellent Breakfast Menu (if you are not ready for a Dipped Sandwich that early). After you settle into the LAX Lounge, take time to explore both the inside and outside of this historic station.

Thank You. Think I got my plan now. Chicago to LA on TE, then to Seattle on CS, quick train ride to Vancouver and back, and then back to Chicago on EB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back