Cardinal 50 service disruption (6/7/18)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pere Flyer

Lead Service Attendant
Got a call today that 50(7) has a service disruption CHI-CIN (at least). I knew about some disruptions in W.Va., but didn’t know CHI-CIN was affected. No info on the Amtrak app. Anyone have information about this?

The Cardinal hasnt operated in almost week. There was a washout on the Buckingham Branch. Repairs have taken longer than anticipated.

Thanks, Thirdrail. Darn, I was looking forward to my first trip on an eastern LD/Viewliner. Guess that will come at a later time.

Helpful to know. Not looking forward to the IND Ambus connection, but I’d take a rail departure from CHI over a bus departure any day.

I flew to Chicago to take my first trip on The Cardinal, train 50, on 6/07. I checked in at the Metropolitan Lounge and was given a boarding pass for another train. Agent called but could not get any info. No one could give me a reason for the cancellation. I was downgraded to coach on the Capitol Limited, which now has no diner at all. It was that or buy a last minute plane ticket to continue my trip. Thank you for the info on the cancellation.

Back