CAR SEAT on baggage train...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lay

i am traveling with amtrak carolinian next week..

the question is i like to bring my car seat for my daughter (toddler).

what should i do with that car seat??

should i put the car seat in the baggage car or just carry it inside the train??

if i carry into the train..is that eligible size for hand carry ??

thank you so much

Car seats do NOT count towards your carry on limit. But would count towards your per ticketed passenger checked baggage limit. That limit is three. You can go over for $10 a bag. But keep in mind that the carry on limit is rarely enforced. Personally I would carry on the car seat but that's my choice.

If you have checked baggage available at both ends, by all means check the carseat! Where that is not available I've just bungee corded one on to the the "sarcophagus", the no longer eligible for airline travel wheeled steamer trunk to consolidate the small child stuff. Compared to airlines, Amtrak has an overwhelmingly generous baggage policy. I've packed along bicycles, building materials and machine tools as well as all of the baby stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is mean i have put the car seat in the baggage??

Should i put in the box or just keep like that???

is that fine to put the car seat in a plastic bag.. cause this is a toodler car seat not infant ....

or the sell the box in amtrak station??

thanks

Amtrak stations do not sell boxes. I would carry it in the coach. Normally there is plenty of space to stash it. If you want to use it for the kid, then youneed to bring bungee cords or whatever to make it stay put on the seat. Train seats DO NOT have seat belts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back