Capitol Limited 29(2) - Delays

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 683

Lead Service Attendant
Anyone know what happened to 29(2)?

I checked status this morning and noticed it was on time at Martinsburg (MRB) and arrived at Cumberland (CUM) 5 minutes early. Was wondering why it departed CUM more than 6 hours late? 29(2) was 9 H 38 M down at COV.

30(2) seems to be running Ok

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be taking 29 to chi out of cle tomorrow at 3am. I hope this doesn't delay tomorrows train.

It appears 30 is overdue as well.

CSX derailment near Confluence, PA.

Thanks! I was going to say it had to be something specific to 29(2) or something between CUM and COV since 30(2) is now running 2+ H late into CUM.

I wonder if Amtrak will post service disruption for 29(2) once it reaches CLE, and if folks at and west of CLE who were planning to board 29(2) were put on 49(2).

I've started the count down clock for CL & CZ trip in October.

Cheers!

Deimos

According to Amtrak Status Report, #29 arrived in Waterloo, Indiana around 3pm today--8hrs/25 minutes down :(

I would suppose that passengers were boarded on the Lake Shore this morning from CLE west and it made it to CHI just a half hour late. :)

But whoa is me to the passengers on 29 trying to make a western connection. They should arrive in Chicago this afternoon around 6pm. :(

Wonder if there was any "bustituting" from PGH or Alliance to CLE to meet the #49? :unsure:

We are leaving Wednesday on #29 and hoping for better luck :D

According to Amtrak Status Report, #29 arrived in Waterloo, Indiana around 3pm today--8hrs/25 minutes down :(

I would suppose that passengers were boarded on the Lake Shore this morning from CLE west and it made it to CHI just a half hour late. :)

But whoa is me to the passengers on 29 trying to make a western connection. They should arrive in Chicago this afternoon around 6pm. :(

Wonder if there was any "bustituting" from PGH or Alliance to CLE to meet the #49? :unsure:

We are leaving Wednesday on #29 and hoping for better luck :D
I was wondering about bustitution as well. Surprisingly, at least to me anyway, Amtrak did not show service disruption. This makes me wonder what may have happened to those who needed to make connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back