Capitol Corridor serious delays

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superliner Diner

Conductor
CC RAIL MAIL--SPECIAL ALERT

January 7, 2003

----------------------------

Service Delays: January 7, 2003

UPDATE: As of 4.45pm, Capitol Corridor service has resumed across the Martinez-Benicia Bridge. All trains are running, but they may be running late. BART passengers can make connections for Davis and Sacramento at Richmond Station. All Capitol Corridor service is expected to return to 'normal' tomorrow. Thank you for your patience.

Due to a collision of a vessel with the Martinez-Benicia Railroad Bridge, all Capitol Corridor train service will be delayed. Capitol Corridor passengers are encouraged to seek alternate transportation for points between San Francisco and Sacramento. Greyhound will honor Amtrak tickets tonight to Sacramento from the TransBay Terminal. A limited number of buses will be available at other Capitol Corridor stations to try to accommodate riders to their destination. Further updates will be provided. Thank you for your understanding.

It was a MESS to say the least. A strong bus program should be in place on the busy Capitol Corridor to help fill in for commuters when an unfortunate event like this occurs.

UGH!!!!!!! I just got back to the Bay Area tonight and want to go back home to Sacramento sometime tomorrow with my luggage from the trip. Does this mean that I'll have to bus it or find some other alternate means for January 8 or have the problems been fixed? Maybe a couple of extra days down here wouldn't be too bad...

This might have affeted 5(6) as it is scheduled into Emeryville in the neighborhood of 6 PM. As of today however, any speed restrictions that were in place on the bridge were lifted and operations are back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back