California Zephyr with Puget Sound

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent

Conductor
Amtrak #5(04) has the dome car Puget Sound riding on the end. The westbound California Zephyr was came through Agency, Iowa over an hour and half late (without hitting any deer).

Amtrak #5(04) has the dome car Puget Sound riding on the end. The westbound California Zephyr was came through Agency, Iowa over an hour and half late (without hitting any deer).

not much of a forward view for those dome riders. probably better in the ssl, or until they get attached to some single level amtrak train in the east

Puget Sound is heading back east on the end of Amtrak #6(10). This California Zephyr was almost five and a half hours late at Agency, Iowa.

Stupid question about those special cars, such as Puget Sound. While the train is moving, is there something like a transitional sleeper(for Amtrak train crew, where you cross to another car from the 1st floor on one end, but 2nd/main floor on the other end to access all other cars of that train), that'd allow those private car passengers to walk past their own car and access the rest of the train(i.e. dining car, sightseer/observation car, etc)?

Stupid question about those special cars, such as Puget Sound. While the train is moving, is there something like a transitional sleeper(for Amtrak train crew, where you cross to another car from the 1st floor on one end, but 2nd/main floor on the other end to access all other cars of that train), that'd allow those private car passengers to walk past their own car and access the rest of the train(i.e. dining car, sightseer/observation car, etc)?

not when private cars are attached to superliners. no movements between carsare possible

not when private cars are attached to superliners. no movements between carsare possible

So essentially you have to wait for smoke/stretch stops, to get off the private car and cross into one of the regular Superliner cars if a private car is attached to the back of a Superliner Amtrak train? That's interesting, this is the case. I guess crossing between a private car into the rest of the train wouldn't be an issue while the train is moving, on single level long distance trains(i.e. Cardinal, Lake Shore Limited, Silver Meteor, Silver Star, etc). Also, are diner car meals complimentary, for those in the private car attached to the rear of a long distance train?

So essentially you have to wait for smoke/stretch stops, to get off the private car and cross into one of the regular Superliner cars if a private car is attached to the back of a Superliner Amtrak train? That's interesting, this is the case. I guess crossing between a private car into the rest of the train wouldn't be an issue while the train is moving, on single level long distance trains(i.e. Cardinal, Lake Shore Limited, Silver Meteor, Silver Star, etc). Also, are diner car meals complimentary, for those in the private car attached to the rear of a long distance train?
Most likely the pax in the private car are not allowed in the Amtrak cars. Just as the Amtrak pax are not allowed in the private car.

Back