California Train Ride

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

printman2000

Engineer
I am currently at a conference in Orange County. I have Friday afternoon and evening free and was hoping to get a train ride in.

I am thinking of just riding Metrolink from Tustin to LA and back. Or maybe from Santa Ana doing a Surfliner one way and Metrolink the other.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I would be able to start any time after 1:00.

If it was me, I would do the Surfliner round trip to San Diego. Most times the same train sits at San Diego for 45 mins then comes back up. Way more scenery. I guess it depends on whether you want to spend the whole afternoon/evening on the train or not.

That is a good idea. Though I have run down there a few times in the past. Do not have much Metrolink time. Not to mention going to LA would be cheaper.

I decided to just ride Metrolink to LAUS and back from Tustin. Right now a BNSF freight has broken down and messed everything up. Was suppose to have a hour at LAUS but now I am just going to stay on this train which will be heading back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back