Booking Roomette with Points on Amtrak Website

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool! Sorry I didn't make that abundantly clear in my first post (like I said, I was coffee challenged). :D
Coffee challenged AND a new dad.
happy.gif

Okay, thanks. I'll have him provide authorization so we don't have to deal with this again.
So, kind of a cool update. I talked to the agent tonight to add KAL - CHI to the first segment (yay business class), and then I asked if I could hand the phone to my boyfriend so he could give permission for me to book the return trip from ABQ - CHI. The agent told me my boyfriend doesn't need to authorize me as long as he is a passenger on the trip. I just can't use his account to book trips for myself unless I'm an Authorized User. We have to be traveling together.

Excellent! The only time we use points is when we travel long-distance, so the Authorized User thing will never be an issue. He'll be so relieved when I tell him he never, ever has to talk on the phone (with AGR, anyway...)

I was able to give her his membership number, and she just copied all of the information over into the new reservation from ABQ - CHI. :) It was super easy.

Hooray for knowledgeable, helpful CSAs. I wish I'd remembered to get her name near the end. I did thank her and tell her she was helpful, but I always like to send an email to the generic feedback email address since I know what it's like to work in customer service.
help.gif

It might be worth it to become an authorized user anyway, because then you can call AGR regarding issues with points not posting, etc. It literally took five seconds for me to become an authorized user on my H's AGR account. He just had to tell AGR that I was authorized to act on his behalf with them at all times. He just said that once on the phone and we were good to go - and have been for 2+ years.

I was on the phone with AGR and I wanted to use some of Wifey's points. The rep asked if it was OK with Wifey (who was sitting near me) I said "Linda do you want me to be able to use your AGR account?" She said "yes" the AGR rep said 'I heard that" and I am authorized.

Easy-Peasy

Back