Blue Moon Hostel and Bar, Lafayette...?

Discussion in 'Southern Midwest and Southwest' started by caravanman, Apr 8, 2018.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

1. Apr 8, 2018 #1

caravanman

caravanman

caravanman

Conductor

Hi Folks,

I seem to recall that someone on AU had stayed at the above hostel?

I notice that one of my favourite Cajun style bands is appearing there and so considering a visit.

Just seeking any tips on the hostel as a place to stay, any tips on best room, etc?

Thanks,

Ed.

2. Apr 12, 2018 #2

spinnaker

s

spinnaker

Lead Service Attendant

I don't know anything about this particular hostel. It might be just fine but it has been my experience that non HI hostels can be trouble. If you decide to stay, I would go for a private room. Less chance that your night will be interrupted by drunks. A bar on site can be a bad mix.

3. Apr 13, 2018 #3

caravanman

caravanman

caravanman

Conductor

Thanks for your reply, I just now did a search on AU and found no mention of the hostel by anyone else.

Funny though, the combination of music, beer and a place to sleep was one of the big attractions for me!

I think it looks a fun place, but I am going to postpone my trip for now, anyway, and maybe take another Amtrak tour a little later.

I do use HI hostels as a first preference, and have stayed in several, stateside.

Ed.

4. Apr 13, 2018 #4

AlamoWye

A

AlamoWye

Train Attendant

The reviews on TripAdvisor seem to indicate that if you are the laid-back type, you will enjoy yourself. Especially if you can snag the $25 Booking.com special.

caravanman likes this.