Blackout Dates under AGR 1.0

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

printman2000

Engineer
I went to book a rewards trip under the old system for July 4th. Nope. Blackout dates still apply when using the old system. My options are to change my dates (which I cannot) or use the new system for our outbound trip.

I went to book a rewards trip under the old system for July 4th. Nope. Blackout dates still apply when using the old system. My options are to change my dates (which I cannot) or use the new system for our outbound trip.
Something similar happened to me when I went to book a rewards trip to the 2016 Gathering. My preferred departure date was on Columbus Day, which is a blackout date Thus I was unable to book the trip exactly as I hope to book it.

Consider booking a cash ticket to the first station with a departure on the next day, and then continuing on the award trip. This is not a good solution, but it might be the best solution. The AGR agent should be able to ensure that you have the same room, if you get a room for both legs.

For penny that would basically mean doing the Florida - Washington/New York leg on 98 as a paid trip I suppose.

Due to vacation days constraints I am doing the outbound Amtrak trip for AU Gathering from New York and hence was able to book it using AGR 1.0 departing on Tuesday.

If I understand the situation, it would mean that Penny would pay to get from Florida to Fayetteville, NC, and then the 2-zone award trip from there to Denver.

Back