Battle Creek: Long-Term Parking

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahZ

Quality Control
The Battle Creek station has a gated long-term parking lot with approximately 25 spaces. I hear it fills up quickly, particularly on weekends. As I am leaving on a Saturday morning on a holiday weekend, I assume the lot will be full.

I've heard there is another, larger lot across McCamly that is technically reserved parking, but the ticket agent will give you a hang tag for your rearview mirror.

Can anyone verify this?

I forgot to update this with an answer. So, just in case you find this thread in a search:

Park in the lot across McCamly. Show the ticket agent your reservation, and they will give you a hang tag with an expiration date on it (based on your reservation). You will not be ticketed or towed in the time it takes to complete this, but give yourself extra time just in case there's a line at the counter.

The gated lot does fill up quickly, even on non-holiday weekends. Plan to arrive thirty minutes before departure so you have time to use the other lot if necessary.

I forgot to update this with an answer. So, just in case you find this thread in a search:

Park in the lot across McCamly. Show the ticket agent your reservation, and they will give you a hang tag with an expiration date on it (based on your reservation). You will not be ticketed or towed in the time it takes to complete this, but give yourself extra time just in case there's a line at the counter.

The gated lot does fill up quickly, even on non-holiday weekends. Plan to arrive thirty minutes before departure so you have time to use the other lot if necessary.
Thanks so much! This has taken alot of anxiety away from the parking situation and there isn't anything as helpful as your post regarding the Battle Creek station parking situation. Do I just show them the train ticket confirmation or do I need to make a reservation at the lot itself? Thanks again!

Back