Are there storage lockers at New Haven, CT Union Station?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pendo680

Hey, I was wondering if there are any luggage storage lockers at New Haven, CT Union Station.

I'm planning on going there for a day on the way to Boston arriving at 5am (overnight train no.66 from DC) and departing later that day. Where can I leave my stuff because I don't wanna take it with me all day.

Thanks!

Hey, I was wondering if there are any luggage storage lockers at New Haven, CT Union Station.
I'm planning on going there for a day on the way to Boston arriving at 5am (overnight train no.66 from DC) and departing later that day. Where can I leave my stuff because I don't wanna take it with me all day.

Thanks!
Interesting, I was going to ask the same question today :)

We are taking Vermonter from Vermont to New Haven and then we have connection to Providence.

We have ~2 hours in New Haven. We would like to leave our bags and walk in the city.

How can we do this?

What is interesting in New Haven within walking distance from the station?

I don't believe that there are any lockers in New Haven either. It may be possible, and I stress may, to day check your bags at the checked baggage counter. Many stations do offer this service, but I'm not sure if New Haven is setup to do this.

I can confirm there are no luggage lockers there. However, I'm not sure about checking the bag with Amtrak.

On a similar note, Amtrak's station information page for NHV states their baggage hours as 7 AM till 11 PM. That seems strange because the only train that runs through NHV and supports checked baggage is Regional #67, which doesn't arrive till 12:26 AM. I've never traveled out night of NHV at night, but my experience checking bags on Amtrak is that the cut off is 1/2 hour or so before the train's arrival. So is their site wrong, or would one have to be there very early to check bags?

I thought #66 also takes checked baggage (and is at New Haven around 5:00 AM, also not within that 7 AM - 11 PM window).
#66 does, but the service isn't offered out of New Haven for that particular train. At least not according to the Amtrak schedule. The schedule does show such service for #67, though.

Is there something interesting to see in New Haven within a walking distance from the station?

Gotta change my plans a bit now... but thanks for your answers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back