Are there storage lockers at LA Union Station?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can remember leaving my big bag overnight at the baggage room, $3 sounds right. Took small bag to Metro Plaza.

YES I RESURRECTED AN OLD TOPIC

I didn't feel this warranted creating a new topic just to ask if anything has changed? I'm going to be in LA this weekend and will need to do this since I'm taking the flyaway to LAX. I figure worst case I'll buy a ticket to Glendale or Burbank but will the baggage room charge me $3 or $4 per piece to store my small suitcase?

RESURRECTION #2

I need to know if the Metropolitan Lounge at LA Union still holds your bags for you for free as stated above. Zephyr17 stated so above back in 2015. Is it still true?

Does the unmanned room have lockers or does the door lock? What prevents someone from stealing bags?
The LAX metropolitan lounge is a staffed lounge and only sleeper and BC passengers are permitted. When I was there last, my bags were stored in the conference room, which was not locked. I felt comfortable leaving my bags there. I guess if someone really wanted them, they could have taken them. The same thing could happen in WAS, NYP, PDX and CHI.
The first few times I was in the LAX metropolitan lounge, bags were stored towards the front of the lounge, close to the attendant's desk.

Yes, there is an unmanned room where you can store your luggage in the new Lounge

Oops, I missed the reference to LA and replied about Chicago.
When I was in LA a year ago I left my bags behind the desk. The agent put tags in them. I felt it was safe to leave them while I roamed LA.

Oops, I missed the reference to LA and replied about Chicago.
When I was in LA a year ago I left my bags behind the desk. The agent put tags in them. I felt it was safe to leave them while I roamed LA.

Ok there is an agent in the lounge and I just need to ask to have my bags stored while I wait in my connecting train?

Baggage storage in the lounge is only available for sleeper and (I'm not certain) BC passengers. Bags are stored in the lounge's conference room. When the lounge attendant stored my bags there last month, in the morning, she tagged the bags with our reservation, train, and roomette numbers, locked the lounge's door and told us we could get to our bags anytime--just ask her to unlock the door. When we returned, late afternoon, the door was unlocked and remained unlocked until we boarded the eastbound SL.

Back