Are AGR Points late at being posted this month?

Discussion in 'Amtrak Guest Rewards' started by dlagrua, Jul 11, 2019 at 2:17 PM.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

1. Jul 11, 2019 at 2:17 PM #1

dlagrua

dlagrua

dlagrua

Conductor

My AGR credit card points usually post on the 9th of each month. Today is the 11th and no points have been posted. Anyone else having this problem?

2. Jul 11, 2019 at 5:42 PM #2

bratkinson

bratkinson

bratkinson

OBS Chief

What's the normal billing date for your credit card? Perhaps the billing date has changed?

For what it's worth, my CC points typically post 1-2 days after my billing date of the 7th. My points posted on Tuesday the 9th.

3. Jul 11, 2019 at 6:17 PM #3

dogbert617

d

dogbert617

Lead Service Attendant

I keep thinking something must be up with AGR, since with the trip I just completed to Glacier National Park, that I thought such a big trip I did(coach going west, roomette going east and back) would rake up more than about 600 additional points. Or does that seem right, to those more familiar with how much AGR points are given out for longer train trips?

4. Jul 12, 2019 at 4:35 PM #4

dlagrua

dlagrua

dlagrua

Conductor

Just got off the phone with Amtrak AGR. They informed that the Bank of America is late posting points this month due to a glitch in their computer system. As of today I finally did get some points but about 3000 less than I should have received. I'll give them another week to see if all the point are posted before opening a case.

5. Jul 13, 2019 at 3:34 PM #5

tim49424

tim49424

tim49424

Conductor

Sometimes AGR takes longer to post. I did a trip from Michigan to Portland up to Seattle and back a little over a month ago. The last of my points posted a couple of weeks after completion. On my trip the last leg was a bus, due to a late Empire Builder into Chicago, which may have played into the late posting. Currently I’m on another trip and should return tomorrow. I fully expect my points to post by late in the week, but won’t be surprised if it takes a few days longer.

6. Jul 13, 2019 at 3:44 PM #6

AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Conductor Gathering Team Member

Points are based on what you pay, not on miles traveled.

7. Jul 13, 2019 at 4:14 PM #7

tim49424

tim49424

tim49424

Conductor

Also if you’re riding business class where available there is a bonus and if you qualify for AGR Select and above, there is a bonus.

8. Jul 13, 2019 at 9:00 PM #8

Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Conductor

I haven't received my AGR World Card June Statement from BOA which normally comes on the 7th of each Month, nor my AGR Points.

BOA is supposedly having Computer Problems per several posts I've read on various Sites.

9. Jul 13, 2019 at 9:29 PM #9

pennyk

pennyk

pennyk

Conductor Staff Member Administator Moderator Gathering Team Member

I guess I am lucky. My statement closes on the 7th also. I have received my statement and my points. :)

Bob Dylan likes this.
  10. Jul 14, 2019 at 2:18 AM #10

bratkinson

bratkinson

bratkinson

OBS Chief

A bit more than a year ago, I happened to have dinner and breakfast the next day with an AGR representative from the LA office (now closed?) and I asked why does it take so long for points to post? Her answer was simple. It wasn't as 'automatic' as it could be. There's multiple computers involved and the data transfer is unreliable, as is getting someone to 'fix it' when it fails to complete.

I never cease to be amazed that in this day UPS and Fedex both can tell you within 100 feet of where the delivery truck with your package is and once delivered (scanned), they'll even send a text or email to you. AGR used to be reasonably consistent at 3-4 work days to post points for a trip. But my recent trips posted Select Executive 'bonus' points a full day before the 'regular' points and business class bonus points posted! And a one day trip with 4 segments got posted over 3 non-consecutive days starting 6 days after I completed the trip! I keep an Excel spreadsheet of each of my trips, segment by segment and the number of points expected (with some guesswork for conjunctive fares) and then verify I got all the points when I see them posted. So far, I've never had to fight with them to get the points right. But I have had to adjust my 'expected' points when I got conjuctive fare segment pricing wrong. I also learned that CTRail doesn't tell AGR when I've used an Amtrak ticket for their train when I missed the last Amtrak train to WNL (tickets are cross honored on both carriers).

11. Jul 14, 2019 at 3:03 AM #11

FrensicPic

FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Conductor

Last posting on my wife's AGR account was on July 6 from BofA which was "on time". My BofA posting is late in the month so, we'll see how it goes in a week or two. Last Amtrak posting (May) was within 5 days of taking the trip.