Any Chance of A Promo??

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acela150

Super Buff
Taking a Cruise to the Bahamas in December with the Girlfriends family. Now I need to goto NYP. This is possibly the dumbest question Mr. Acela150 has ever asked! :lol: :lol: :lol: Is there any chance that there is some type of promo code where I can get a lower fare besides the Student Advantage card that I still have (even though I'm no longer a student). :lol: Simply because it will be me and my girlfriend, and we will be boarding at PHL and we'd like to go FC if at all possible. So is there somewhere where we can get a companion fare. We'd be leaving PHL on the 24th of December :eek: and returning new years day on most likely the last AE from BOS, 2259. Any help is greatly welcomed! I'm trying to book this soon! Before the buckets go through the roof! :help:

Thanks

Steve

December 24th would be a blackout period for anything & everything.

Book now and get what you can get at the moment. You'll find no codes or deals for that date.

December 24th would be a blackout period for anything & everything.

Book now and get what you can get at the moment. You'll find no codes or deals for that date.
Yeah Dec 24th, even the Acelas are borderline SRO, and Regionals are borderline riot. Why would Amtrak give away revenue that it can collect anyway that day?

If you book early,specially on a New York terminator Acela, you might have better chance of catching a low bucket.

You can use the AAA discount on weekend acela trips.

You are not going to find any discounts during the holidays, and don't forget that upgrade coupons have black out days around the holidays, too.

Taking a Cruise to the Bahamas in December with the Girlfriends family. Now I need to goto NYP. This is possibly the dumbest question Mr. Acela150 has ever asked! :lol: :lol: :lol: Is there any chance that there is some type of promo code where I can get a lower fare besides the Student Advantage card that I still have (even though I'm no longer a student). :lol:
If you are taking a cruise, a discount is up to 20% off (or up to 15% on sleeper accommodations) to port cities. Book by 12/27/11. Travel by 12/31/11.

Amtrak promo code: V639(Norwegian) V555(Carnival) V107(Holland America)

Amtrak Promotion Code Blackout Dates

Jul 1-2

Sep 2 & 5

Oct 7

Nov 22-23, 26-28

Dec 21-24, 26-30

The funny thing with Acela is that Christmas week is typically a period of very low demand. Acela's demographic is strongly business travel, and business travel is slack during the holiday week. Demand for Acela is so low that week that Amtrak does not even run a full schedule. About 1/3 of the normal weekday trains are cancelled during Christmas week, with NYP-WAS running every two hours instead of every hour. Even with the reduced schedule, Acela often sells in the lower buckets during Christmas week.

Removing the blackout during Christmas week for Acela would actually be a good move for Amtrak. They could get some empty seats filled with AGR freebees, and at the same time get some of the future AGR award travel out of the accounts payable ledger at minimal cost in lost revenue.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll be booking that! :) You would think as PRR60 suggested that Amtrak would at least think of removing Blackouts for AE. Go figure. Thanks for that Cho Cho Charlie but as I mentioned in my OP I will be traveling on the 24th of December which happens to be a blackout date. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back