An Odd Ball Heritage Diner Rebuild

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, that makes sense. Thanks.

Works out well for you anyhow, more Guest Rewards points for you. :) That way maybe soon you won't have to pay. :D

Amfleet said:
I gotta enough for a free ride to DC on an Acela Regional already. Since my parents don't use the pints they all get dumped to me. :D
Thanks to my semi-frequent rides on the Acela Express, and some bonus points from Amtrak, I passed that milestone a while ago. Right now I'm only 4,000 points short of what I would need for a deluxe room from NY to California. That milestone should pass before the end of this year. :D

Amfleet said:
You must ake a lot of AE rides. B)
I take several a year. However, don't forget that unlike regular trains, when you ride the AE between certain cities you don't get 2 points for every dollar you spend. You get 500 points for BC and 750 for FC. So every time I ride on AE, I grab 1,500 points for a round trip. If I only got the normal points, I'd only get around 600 to 650 for a round trip. So it really helps.

Plus Amtrak has offered double points a couple of times, since the start up of AE. Then I caught a huge 10,00 point bonus for riding 3 round trips on AE during May and June. :)

Amfleet said:
5,409 miles, and 45,591 reward points this year alone!!! :eek: Is that all on the AE?
Actually, only the miles are from this year. The GR points are my running total since the program started almost 2 years ago. No they are not all from AE, if you roll down the page a little you can see the actual train #'s that I rode for the total miles. It includes the AE, the Downeaster, the Twilight Shoreliner, the Lake Shore, one Empire Service, and two Acela Regionals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back